_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Merit 1/18 Flak 88 36 build
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Armorama: 30 posts
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 - 07:44 AM UTC
Hope you don't mind my posting here on Armorama, I usually hang aroung Model SHipwrights and build an occasional aircraft. It's been a while since I posted anything armoured or designed to destroy armour. When Merit released their Flak 88 36 I had to have one. Worth buying? Judge for yourself:

The plastic is soft making filing easy, which is lucky because the fit of parts varies

The detailing is good though and after painting it should look very impressive. Price is excellent, 33 Euro's from a store in Germany. Worth buying IMHO.
I want to do a three tone camo scheme, (yellow, brown and green), the squigly camo if I can find a good reference photo.
More to come,

Julian
OldWarloke
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 2,663 posts
Armorama: 2,649 posts
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 - 08:22 AM UTC
Hi Julian
Ihave a build blog on this kit in the large scale section here. This kit while being nice still needs a lot of detailing. For instance I scratch built the anchor stakes, because the kit parts are only half lengths, ok if the kit is posed in a firing position.
Good luck.
Donald
Gremlin56
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 - 08:37 AM UTC
Hi Donald, yes, noticed that, they need holes drilled in the too. Would also seem to need some chains added in a lot of places It's a nice big base to work from though. Where is the large scale section?
OldWarloke
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 - 09:11 AM UTC
To find the large scale section, Simply
1. Click on Forems on the home page
2. Click on Armor/AFV
3. There you will find achoice of groups.
4. The large scale section is on the left side 4th. group down, Click there.
5. You then get the large scale section.
6. Building Merits 1/18th. scale Flak 36 is the 4th. one down the list,there are 2 pages on it.
Your build should be posted there.
Donald
Gremlin56
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - 07:00 AM UTC
Thanks Donald, found it. Do you really think I should move the pic's over there?
Cheers,
Julian
OldWarloke
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - 09:06 AM UTC
Hi Julian
Yes I think you should move them there.
It's always nice to see another take on building a kit.
This kit is rather toy like but can be built into a really impresive model with a lot of patience.
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
KitMaker: 998 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - 09:19 AM UTC
Hello friend Julian!! ..........

Mr. Donald would I like to know for that it affirms that it is a toy?? Do you know it??

Daniel
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - 12:20 PM UTC
Friend Julian, have care, do not close the arms of hooking!!! They are opened like in the kit!!

Since you will be able to see there are many chains stuck to the pins and insurances ...... that not if will interesting to add ....?? But the big ones .. in case of representing the legs in high place remember you were hooking!! They were sure in order that they were not stooping for accident .......

I wait to come in time!!

Daniel
OldWarloke
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - 08:31 PM UTC
Hi Daniel
I just said that the kit is toy like.
The base where the side arms fold down are open when they should be closed. The pioneer tools have heavy square handles.the locking parts to lock the side arms down must be left in the unlocked position or you can't lower the side arms. While saying the kit is toy like, it is possible to build a really nice model with a lot of work.
See my build blog in the large scale section here.Also a lot of the Nut and Bolt detail will have to be added.
Donald
Gremlin56
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2013 - 05:00 AM UTC
November 29th update: After some head scratching I have decided to leave the blog here. It's not a major build, its really quite a simple kit to build. Looks amazingly like a Flak 88 though

No painting done yet, still filling gaps and adding chains etc.
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2013 - 06:05 AM UTC
Hello Julian!!
I affirm that you are a liar!! Ja jajajaj a few days ago you deceive myself. You said ... " I do not go to initial my Flack until ends my Vosper 1/35!!! " " Jajajjajajja
Very good the detail of eroding the sheets of the shieldin

Daniel
Gremlin56
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2013 - 06:08 AM UTC
Well, you did say it only takes 4 days to build How is your build coming along, any news on the paint scheme yet

Forgot the shield, saw that on a couple of photos, very rough steel plate, I liked it a lot
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2013 - 06:25 AM UTC
Je jeje great effect!!! When I a old man ... I want to be so good as you my friend

Im afraid to ask since it did!!

Well, in order that he does not feel alone in this coastal battery .......

Here mine go ......

and lets go

Continuara ....
Gremlin56
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2013 - 06:37 AM UTC
Old man like me I am only 57-ish
I bet you are further on in the build than your photos would imply
Looks good though Daniel, I see you got the lock parts on the folding legs the right way around. No problem folding them then
I am looking forward to the transport trailers, give a really German over-engineerd look to the 88.
Cheers,
Julian
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2013 - 07:26 AM UTC
Jejejej Yes .... he is more advanced but the beginning is the beginning!! Jejjeje here others go.....

Krupps very satisfied with our fast factory... Daniel
Gremlin56
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2013 - 07:42 AM UTC
Your photo #6 shows a very important part of the build. If the part you show is not attached properly you have big problems
Cheers,
Julian
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2013 - 08:08 AM UTC
Yes, it is correct!!! In Gral this Merit do not give problems, at my humble opinion it is very good!!! Much better than some kits of very known brands and to prices of another planet. I am amusing myself with the only .La sew it is the material of meeting of the piezas and the esprue. In my case will armed on box and some bonus but nothing of complications this is a cable to land after an Adversarios of the channel very fought

Gremlin56
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 - 03:03 AM UTC
November 30th update:
Safety chains added to the folding legs, anchor stakes now pointy and full of holes, now some small things to do before this part can be painted. Carriages next item for building:

DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 09:10 AM UTC
Very good advances in the weekend Julian!!! Well for my side ... little sew a lot of work and dedicate to a great barbecue and many beer!!!

But here some advances!!

Continuara .....

Daniel
Gremlin56
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 - 04:26 AM UTC
Having seen one of your small barbecues I am rather intimidated by the idea of a "Great barbecue"
Base coats on the 88 have been applied, tyres fitted to hubs and first carriage is nearly ready. My workbench is looking like a miniature torture chamber with all the different size pieces of chain .
Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary, (33 years), luckily I remembered to bring a huge bunch of flowers and reserve a table at a very good restaurant in Amsterdam, prolongs my life expectation enormously
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 - 05:44 AM UTC
Jajaja incredibly there is some type of connection my friend. The barbecue of last Saturday was in commemoratively 11 years of married!! .... jajajjaja and also going out dance in the night of Montevideo.

This way that a table of torture ... jajajajja I have to be going to buy some thin chain ... will 24k be nice??

My 88 this one in period of weathering ..... the shielding is that it does not convince me even!!! Probably beech some surprise. Praise trailers in his esprue ... it is the second stage .. first coverage AAA jajajjajajaj

ufffffff Here is hot!!! 31 º centigrades

Congratulations and my condolences to your lady!!

Daniel
Gremlin56
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 - 08:56 AM UTC
Congrats to you too 11 years, good beginning, , your wife must have gotten used to you
24K is a bit exaggerated unless it is Goering's private 88 used for hunting wild boar at Karinhall I saw some photos of his wine cellar at Karinhall, you could have spent many happy years in that cellar
31 degrees is excellent, the forecast is snow and hail starting on Thursday night here in Holland, time get some Brandy in store at home

warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Armorama: 712 posts
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 - 09:41 AM UTC
Daniel,
If you didn't know Merit is actually Trumpeter under another name..
oops! Damn I gave myself away!!
Gremlin56
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2013 - 05:13 PM UTC
Into the trenches Daniel, Warren has found the 88 battery
DanielMoscatelli
Visit this Community
Montevideo, Uruguay
Posted: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 - 02:53 AM UTC
Welcome Warren!! Yes I now ... the big Hornet 1-200 also is Merit.... Merit molds plastic for many known brands jejeje
The question is ... you do buy Trumpi or Merit??

well new update ...

and....

Continuara ....

Thank you Julian .... in total are 18 united years!!!!! Uff since the time run!!!!
 _GOTOTOP