_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Trumpeter Challenger 2 Op Telic OIF 2003
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 - 08:27 AM UTC
Hey guys, I finished up this today for the trumpeter campaign. I'm not overally happy with the turn out of this build, the kit it's self was a little frustrating at times, a lot of stuff just wouldn't line up right, and or was overally complicated, or so I thought.

All in all, I did have fun and learned a few new things, so it's a win win I guess. I know there are inaccuracies with this build and I'm sure there are a slew of things that are wrong, but it was a of the box build. Thanks for looking!

paul51
Visit this Community
Hamilton, New Zealand
KitMaker: 159 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 - 03:53 PM UTC
Looks good, you could paint the inside of the barrel and dust, weather the stowage.
doppelganger
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 557 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 - 06:34 PM UTC
Looks good to me is the base diorama complete? what is it going to represent? if this is not one of your stellar efforts then that makes me feel inadequate
jon_a_its
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,336 posts
Armorama: 1,137 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 - 08:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks good, you could paint the inside of the barrel and dust, weather the stowage.

echo above, & the track is loose round the sprocket.

You also have a 'hover tank' effect, floating above the ground.
I'd suggest marking out where the tracks go with tape or elastic bands, then flatten down the spiky bits, also where the tank had come from...

Good work so far, You've done a good job on a bad kit!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 12:14 AM UTC
Looks good oevrall. In addition to the above suggestions, you need to complete painting the headlights and taillights, along with all the vision blocks and optics as well.
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 07:15 AM UTC
thanks guys, I did paint the vision blocks now, I can't believe I totally missed that. The base is just for it too sit on, the material is actually grout, I have since flattened a good amount of it out, put some new grout down, then pushed the tank into it to get rid of the "floating effect"

Also the stowage has a wash on it, but I just can't get the hang of those bad boys!

Thank you for the tips and comments though, much appreciated!
 _GOTOTOP