_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tamiya 1/35 Leopard2A6 ( with moderate foliag
hummingbird
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 120 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2013 - 08:25 AM UTC
Well, here comes yet another finished kit from me. This time, I will be adding a rather classic and popular vehicles; the Leopard2. The kit, as you can see from the title, is Tamiya. I guess everybody already knows about the vehicle and kit so I am not going to write about them.

This gal is painted in Nato Green, Nato Brown and Nato Black. Scheme is per the instruction and references per the Bundeswehr as I saw that all German Leo2s are painted in the same pattern.

As this is a gift, I wanted it to look unique but I know I can't do that so I tried to make it stand out. I was looking around for camo references and I saw all these Leos with heavy foliage on them which inspired me to put them on my Leo2 as well. The branches are made from wire (I don't know if that was bronze or copper or brass) and the leaves are bought from GreenLine Product and even though the colours are very toy-like, it looks pretty nice. I got an A6 size fret with 200 leaves on it. The camo net was made from bandage and a secret weapon - Parsley ( It stunk like hell after spending a whole bottle on the net). The long grasses which looks like whiskers ( as this a ''leopard'' ) are from Woodland Scenic.

I debated on how to weather it and I just decided to go crazy with dried mud. The mud was made by mixing my pigments into a big tub of plaster and then finally mixed with Vallejo Acrylic Resin to make clumps of dried mud. I always had problems with making clumps but I successfully made some on this one.

Here's some photos -

AND as usual from me -

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos ( many more) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/tamiya-135-leopard-2-a6.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have.

Until the next launch .
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2013 - 06:30 AM UTC
looks good, nice work!
BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
Armorama: 326 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 - 07:15 AM UTC
Hi Gary,
great to see a real tank here! You've done a great job on that kitty. I love the Leo 2 and I just started on the new 2A6M from Revell. I'm still not sure if I go the way with a camo net, at the moment it's more a "probably not".
Well done!

Torsten
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 10:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Gary,
great to see a real tank here! You've done a great job on that kitty. I love the Leo 2 and I just started on the new 2A6M from Revell. I'm still not sure if I go the way with a camo net, at the moment it's more a "probably not".
Well done!

Torsten

Thank you so much Torsten
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 10:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

looks good, nice work!

thank you