_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Merkava IV LIC
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 - 04:23 AM UTC
Hey guys, I just thought I'd post some pictures of my finished Merkava. This is the Academy kit. This was a pretty frustrating kit at times, especially with how the photo etch ball and chain armor is built. Gluing the two halves to the photo etch was a total pain in the rear. This was the first armor kit I have ever built that has length and link tracks. I did straighten out the heat sink ball and chain armor after I took the pictures. I realized once I snapped them that they are jacked up from installing the turret.

I painted the model with Tamiya, Vallejo, and model master paints. The IDF color is just Vallejo grey green, and it's right out of the bottle.

Anyways thanks for looking!

bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 - 04:49 AM UTC
I feel your pain with the chains and balls. I swapped the kit ones with the ET models set which is fine.
Your Merkava is not fitted with the LIC features, it is the standard model.

Olivier
paul51
Visit this Community
Hamilton, New Zealand
KitMaker: 159 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 - 07:30 AM UTC
I like your representation, think about fitting some arials and dull down the decals ,good job
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 - 08:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I like your representation, think about fitting some arials and dull down the decals ,good job

Yeah I snapped the pictures before I have sprayed the dull cote, It needs to cure for sometime before I do that
 _GOTOTOP