_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Italeri Humvee OIF 2003 1/35
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2013 - 01:39 PM UTC
Hey guys, I got this Italeri model for Christmas from my mother and father in law, and since I had some free time on my hands I thought I would get to work! I used the def model water cooler kit, Def tactical gear case set and the Meng water bottle kit, I also added some extra spare parts like the tank track links and extra rim from one of my academy kits. I thought since I had these random parts laying around I'd toss them in back and do a load out. The MRE cases are from the Tamiya modern equipment accessory kit. It's a pretty good kit overall and went together pretty well, my only issue with the kit is the two piece wheels, some rubber ones would have been nice. I also flocked the passenger and driver seats. I have a few touch ups to do, and I think I'm gonna dirty up the windows.

I used Tamiya and model master paints.

Thank you for looking!

18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2013 - 02:49 PM UTC
I think it's a great improvement over your last HMMWV build. I do have a question about your fascination with flocking though. I'm in SF and none of our gun trucks had it. If the rest of the army is riding around with velour seats I'm gonna be kind of annoyed.
And as I'm not all that familiar with how the "real" army operates, I don't know if they have fitter vehicles such as yours to accompany armor units. Judging by the spare track links it appears as if that was the look you're going for. If they do use them, I'd suggest more tank parts (what is that track from, anyway, a T-34?) such as a few road wheels, a sprocket, maybe a return roller, and tools.
On second thought, it might be easier to just take the track links out and add some personal kit.
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2013 - 04:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think it's a great improvement over your last HMMWV build. I do have a question about your fascination with flocking though. I'm in SF and none of our gun trucks had it. If the rest of the army is riding around with velour seats I'm gonna be kind of annoyed.
And as I'm not all that familiar with how the "real" army operates, I don't know if they have fitter vehicles such as yours to accompany armor units. Judging by the spare track links it appears as if that was the look you're going for. If they do use them, I'd suggest more tank parts (what is that track from, anyway, a T-34?) such as a few road wheels, a sprocket, maybe a return roller, and tools.
On second thought, it might be easier to just take the track links out and add some personal kit.

Thanks for the feedback, I don't really per say have a fascination with flocking, it's just something that I have done to try and get a more padded seat look, the track links are from my academy merkava kit.
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,523 posts
Armorama: 710 posts
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 - 06:32 AM UTC
Where did you get the huge water jugs? I like them, however would they be carried in the field? I have no idea as I am a Flyboy... Each humvee is getting better, I would suggest for your next one, to add aftermarket wheels as the Italeri ones Are, well, I have NEVER seen them on a real Humvee... Keep going, there are many, many Humvees left to build!!
 _GOTOTOP