_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Rivet Review Board
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 08:29 AM UTC
Well i must be one of the guilty ones,several times i have posted a half finished or nearly finished fig,,but i always try and explain how i got to that point,and the methods i used,sometimes i have to finish a figure very quickly,such as the 54mm Rifleman,and do not have time to explain from start to finish,but i am always open to questions,or critique,that is why i take the time to do it,what gets my goat is the lack of interest,from the majority of members in this club,the only critical comment i got when doing the Wermacht on the march was his sling is too slack,nobody told me the bloody thing was in the wrong place,when i ask for info,and a critical look at my work that is what i mean,but very rarely get it,so if the RRB is going to work,get your fingers out and start looking,and commenting.
Arthur
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 09:34 AM UTC
Thinking I am doing right,I posted a few times to RRB to get critics about my unfinished models. Honestly what I want to get on RRB is not cheers or congrats,I want to learn my mistakes and get suggestions how to make it better or more realistic.Last time I sent a figure convertion of a Dutch resistance and after the posts I corrected almost 40% of the figure. I believe this is RRB .If I have misunderstood the usage of this forum please someone message me about it.I will be thankful.

and to Sabot: I am really sorry to hear the problem about DSB as a silent member of the gang. I believe DSB is for fun between Armorama members(not good to see it as Friends of Uday)... but you are more than fun for most of us. you are a respectable man and a good friend.
Best regards
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
Armorama: 903 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 10:08 AM UTC
Hi there

Excuse me if I've missed the point of all this.

What has the RRB got to do with the number of Moderators? Surely the point of the Forum is to encourage Armorama members to comment constructively on each others' work?

The responsibility for the tone of the RRB lies with us all; we agreed some months ago to maintain a policy of constructive criticism - if we stick to that, there shouldn't be a problem.

At the risk of offending people, I think we're in danger of analysing this place to death. Everything these days seems to be a bone of contention.

Rowan
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 10:34 AM UTC
I think we should analyse that...................

Vinnie
kglack56
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 74 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 10:35 AM UTC
Well...this has been an interesting thread...and I thought, by now, we would have heard from Kencelot reguarding this.

Hey, even the atomic clock has to be reset now and then...so...now it's time to reset the RRB with the original ground rules.

That said, back to my kits.

kglack
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 11:00 AM UTC
Hmmm....a "bone of contention" comment from a Bulldog? very interesting.

Seriously though I appriciate everyones input. I think some of you have obviously NOT read the topic at the top of the RRB. Welcome and please READ FIRST

I think sums up exactly what is expected of those posting in the RRB. And if you can't follow those guidelines then... well... yes your posts may be removed at the discretion of the moderator.

I will let those who have volunteered know shortly about moderating the RRB.

Thanks again,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP