_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
1/25 Aussie Centurion
blake_500ci
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 37 posts
Armorama: 30 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2014 - 10:27 PM UTC
Hi guys just thought id put up some pics of my 1/25 tamiya centurion being converted to a veitnam dozer tank, conversion by mouse house, fruil metal tracks, dozer by mouse house and custom built turret bustle, its a work in progress, any comments appreciated.

grimmo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2014 - 10:43 PM UTC
looking good blake. nice work on the bustle rack
keo
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 613 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 12:29 AM UTC
Really love your work on your Cent. I think this set has fare less attention from modellers than it deserves. Would you make comments of the Mouse Hobby parts please? Have had my eyes on them for some time.

One thing puzzles me though - shouldn't the the tool boxes on the fenders be the side operated rather than the top operated?

blake_500ci
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 10:01 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments guys, yes kenneth ur correct they should open from the front, that comes down to the mouse house stuff, the dozer kit was perfect it was well cast nice and straight, the tool boxes and turret top and 17pdr barrel however were terrible, warped full of bubbles and just about unusable, as was the jig for building the turret bustle, also the 30 cal mg and searchlight were also un usable, i put this down to they were such old casts, cos as u said this kit is way under appreciated they hardly get bought. Its being a fun build though its well worth it, espically if your into scratching. Its 43deg c here atm so im goin for a swim. Cheers guys.
keo
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 613 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 11:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

, the tool boxes and turret top and 17pdr barrel however were terrible, warped full of bubbles and just about unusable, as was the jig for building the turret bustle, also the 30 cal mg and searchlight were also un usable, i put this down to they were such old casts,

I've been building a Leopard lately and bought a dozer for it from Mouse Hobby and that was unusable too, bended, twisted, poor casting, broken parts etc.......
In my spare time I'm a member of a AFV Preservation group and we have recently received a Centurion Mk5DK. It's a pretty ugly spectacle now but we plan to have restored in a couple of years.
I've already build one, https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/145867#1219001
But as I read your freed I decided to order another one
blake_500ci
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 02:09 PM UTC
Dont get me wrong, he tried to help me i sent all the bits back and the returned ones were just as bad, there newer stuff is so much better. If they had all the stuff recast itwould be alot better, mate your cent looks the business hope mine turns out just as good. Im glad i could get your centurion fire going again lol, im also a volunteer at puckerpunyal tank museum here in australia, i live for working on tanks is the most fun u can have with your pants on lol.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 04:26 PM UTC
Nice work so far. Be prepared to see more, and better quality 1/25 Cent items soon, from another manufacturer.
grimmo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 08:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dont get me wrong, he tried to help me i sent all the bits back and the returned ones were just as bad, there newer stuff is so much better. If they had all the stuff recast itwould be alot better, mate your cent looks the business hope mine turns out just as good. Im glad i could get your centurion fire going again lol, im also a volunteer at puckerpunyal tank museum here in australia, i live for working on tanks is the most fun u can have with your pants on lol.

sweet! I used to volunteer at the queensland air museum when I lived on the coast, I loved doing that.
have you been to the bandiana army transport museum? that's an awesome place
blake_500ci
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 10:34 PM UTC
Sweet as matt, na mate i havent but i would like to cos ive heard they have got a nice arrangement of vechicles. Ill get there one day
 _GOTOTOP