_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Pz I F interior colours help
Thudius
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,194 posts
Armorama: 1,077 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 07:33 AM UTC
Howdy,

I've got Bronco's Pz I F under way and need some feedback/advice. First off, how does my green/gray look? Bear in mind its a first coat. Secondly, would this colour extend to the red lines I've drawn (I figured a logical line would be the top of the brake housing) or would all the verticals be elfenbein? Or something else? Any and all timely help would be appreciated.

TIA

Kimmo

panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 11:16 AM UTC
Kimmo;

Hi!

It's moving along!

I'd say that elfenbein on the full walls is likely correct. I know that elfenbein figured frequently in German AFV as the standard wall color, and I have not seen anything to suggest that they did part of the side-wall in one color and part in another, so... whole wall should be it.

There has been near-endless discussions of German tank interior schemes... My take on this one is that the floors generally were dark green, the big heavy-metal items (tranny, brake assemblies, etc.) some "OEM factory finish color" such as satin-black or maybe a dark gray (like your's), and side-walls and compartment ceiling elfenbein. The inside surfaces of those side hatches will be your outside base color.

Small interior operating fittings - handles, vision-block frames, etc., were probably black OEM enamel. Handle grips could have been leather-wrapped or wood and thus leathery-brown. Small clips and racks for crew equipment probably were same as wall color. The radio-frame was probably an "add-on OEM item" and likely came painted sand or dunkelgelb enamel and probably not repainted once installed inside. The radios were dark gray or green or matt black faces, with gray or maybe dunkelgelb cases. Dash-board / instrument cluster panel probably satin-black.

A feature often not addressed by us modelers but common to German AFV crew compartments is that virtually everything stowed in that compartment had a designated rack or clip-mount and that mount was stenciled - "Grenaten", "MP 40", etc. I think doing some of this would add quite a bit to this little tank inside - I'm definitely thinking of doing some "location stencils" when I build this one!

Bob
Thudius
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,194 posts
Armorama: 1,077 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 11:20 AM UTC
Thanks Bob! I've been doing mental gymnastics on how to paint what and had to finally get on with it. Strictly out of the box on this one though. A very pleasant box it is if you like really really small detail parts

Kimmo
 _GOTOTOP