_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
1/35 Dragon Marder III H # 6331
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 07:45 AM UTC
My bench photo's of my build 1/35 Dragon Marder III H # 6331.
Very, very nice kit. A lot of parts. The PE fret contains many neat parts . Some very small..need elf fingers.
Anyway, here's some pix. She is primed & base coated with Tamiya Dark Yellow.Not even done with the assembly yet , slowly getting 'er done.

Going to pick this kit up Thursday, my next victim.However, I am not going to use the Stadtgas Cylinders.
Petro
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 984 posts
Armorama: 846 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 11:17 AM UTC
Looking good.
collins
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 12:29 PM UTC
Looks great so far, get some paint on that thing!
AFVFan
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 06:08 PM UTC
Getting it together quite nicely, David. You going with a single color, or are you going to whip up a camo scheme for it?
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2014 - 12:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Getting it together quite nicely, David. You going with a single color, or are you going to whip up a camo scheme for it?

I went with a tri-color camo . I will post a pic later today. Dark yellow, red brown & dark green - Tamiya.
So I bought the the other Marder III , Cyberhobby - I will post pix of the build here as well.
I'm so addicted to armor modelling that I also bought the Academy Hetzer, Early Version. I had a choice between the Hetzer & Academy 35[t]. The Hetzer kit comes with the same figures as the late version, so that's a pretty good deal.
I'll get the 35[t] next week maybe.
I need a new airbrush as well I think. One that can spray fine lines etc... My badger is a cheapy, time for an upgrade. However I have a really sweet compressor & gauge.
I will be getting the other Dragon Marder III kit & this one will be a single color.
Between Dragon & Cyber hobby, there are roughly 5 Marder III kits. I would like to get the Marder version that uses the Russian 76.2 Anti-Tank gun.

easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 12:46 AM UTC
update.
Camo on. Time to paint in details..fun part. I need a new airbrush or maybe I need a lil more patience lol.

My Academy Hetzer primed. I liked the Dragon Hetzer more.The detail lacks badly. I must be just use to Dragon quality.

Italeri Stug IV L48 - I will never buy another Italeri tank kit.

I got stimied into thinking it had zimmerit , hence the boxart.I hate when companies do that. Theres a Dragon King Tiger Porche like that as well. Deceiving.

No Zim but box art makes you believe otherwise.

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 12:58 AM UTC
Academy's 35(t) looks pretty sweet. I've been meaning to pick one up, myself. To be honest, I've been so busy I completely forgot about it.
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 01:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Academy's 35(t) looks pretty sweet. I've been meaning to pick one up, myself. To be honest, I've been so busy I completely forgot about it.

Good morning Matt.
Ya, the 35[t] looks kool. It's a new release I think. Plus it's pretty inexpensive, a nice weekend build. However, the commander looks like he's taking a crap inside the tank, crazy expression lol. The driver has that look on his face , "oh god, he never! Not again! Phewww"
These are the figues that come with the Academy Early & Late Hetzer kits. I like the poses.
AFVFan
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 03:41 AM UTC
Good camo on the Marder, David. Nice simple pattern that's not overly contrived, done in a good choice colors.

I'm not 100% certain, but I don't believe any Hetzer had zim on it from the factory.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 04:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Good camo on the Marder, David. Nice simple pattern that's not overly contrived, done in a good choice colors.

I'm not 100% certain, but I don't believe any Hetzer had zim on it from the factory.

I don't believe he said it did.
Petro
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 05:37 AM UTC
I think he was talking about the JGpZ IV.
I thought they could have zim.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 05:47 AM UTC
Nice work on that Marder. It reminds me I also have one in my stash with a bunch of AM with it. Very inspirational.

If you buy that 35T I guarantee you you will love it. I have it ready for primer and it really is a nice kit. One of the more enjoyable kits I have built last year.
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 04:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Bob,
Thx.
I was mentioning the boxart on the italeri & Dragon kit boxes.
The boxart shows the kit with zim on it, but when you open the box up, there is no zim at all on them. A pet peeve I have, kinda deceiving to the consumer.
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 04:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice work on that Marder. It reminds me I also have one in my stash with a bunch of AM with it. Very inspirational.

If you buy that 35T I guarantee you you will love it. I have it ready for primer and it really is a nice kit. One of the more enjoyable kits I have built last year.

Thx Robert,
I think I will buy it this Thursday when I take my lil trip to the hobby store. There's also a white box Cyber Hobby Maultier with Flak 37 I'm thinking of getting.These white box kit's are kinda expensive though...it's like..get the white box kit or groceries...hhmmmm...I can always eat at my friends house lol. jk'n
I just love modelling , I model everyday. Apx 4-6s a day during the week & up to 12-16 hrs a day on the weekends. Unless I make plans to do other stuff. That's my winter schedule. My summer schedule is about half of that.
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 05:44 AM UTC
Hi David ..good stuff ..Man you are on fire ... I guess you're not married ...lol 12 to 16 hrs ..damn !

Rick
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 06:55 AM UTC
I completely appreciate 4-6 hours a day and 16 on the weekend. When I get going, I spend about 8 hours a day during the week and 17 hours on the weekend at my bench. My girl can fit under my bench.
Petro
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 07:11 AM UTC
Doing 4 hours a day, maybe 3-4 times a week is enough to burn me out.
Kudos to you who can do more hours.
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 11:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My girl can fit under my bench.

lol
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 01:59 PM UTC
update on kit Dragon #6331
Marder III H.
Well, got the tools painted, details painted, weathering ,washes done, dry brushing ..next is decals. Still little more weathering & dry brushing to do.

Don't worry, I'll be toning down that rusty muffler . Looks like it's been outside for 50 yrs lol. Interior will get a lil more attention. I also need to work on taking better pictures . I have a good digital camera but using my cell phone is easier. Will build a photo box.

Still a lot of work to do before I can call it finished. You can see the dust pigments need to be blended on the gun shield etc.
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 749 posts
Armorama: 521 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 03:58 PM UTC
Looking at what those guys had to fight in the only thing I can say is they had to have balls the size of grape fruits to get up in those vehicles and slug it out with the Russian armor .
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 08:03 AM UTC
update.
Cleaned up some of the pigments & used my digital camera instead of cellphone.

Petro
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 08:19 AM UTC
very nice david

easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 03:09 AM UTC
Update:
Academy Hetzer - washed etc...

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 03:12 AM UTC
The marder looks spectacular! The hetzer is coming along quite nicely.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 04:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looking at what those guys had to fight in the only thing I can say is they had to have balls the size of grape fruits to get up in those vehicles and slug it out with the Russian armor .

They, like every other GI in history, "run what they brung"!

But, in regards this machine... apparently it was pretty well liked by crew - pretty agile and fast, and good fire-power, and a reliable chassis mechanically-speaking.

Whenever I look at it... I think about being locked inside, say, a Pz II, and compare that scenario to being more "on than in" this Marder... up pops the T34/85 and I'm clearly sitting dead in his sights... At least when "in" this Marder, I could perhaps bail if I cannot move the vehicle RIGHT NOW!

And this is a pretty nice Marder, David!

Bob
 _GOTOTOP