_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
BMPT “Terminator” Zvezda #3636
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 06:29 PM UTC
Hi Everybody;

Just run across the BMPT on ebay for Forty One Dollars !
41.00$)with Free Shipping out of Russia ! But I dont think it would get here for about Six Months,--So I did not buy it. Now I thought Long and Hard about it and came too the conclusion that for another Twenty Dollars I could get the Meng Kit now and not have to wait. I Wonder if Trumpeter will release there version soon, now Three Different kit Makers offering the same kit of A New Vehicle.
"HOW SWEET IS THAT"
CHEERS; MIKE.
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 07:40 PM UTC
I believe Trumpeter dropped it from there catalog, I could be wrong tho....I have the Meng Terminator, it is fabulous kit. Can't go wrong.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 09:35 PM UTC
Hi;

I Cant Understand Why they would Drop the kit considering there other releases, there too Big to let the other guys Steal the Show. And even if they use the H.B. Banner it would still Make Sence, or the could give us the Mk;2 version which would make sence. As popular as there kits are and the Shear Number to which they Flood the Market it would not be all that Risky. Now to get Back on Track ! The BMPT if its as Nice as there T-90 then I think that Zvesda will have another Winner too there Line-up !

CHEERS; MIKE.
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 12:43 AM UTC
I hope they fixed the hull height issue....but your right, its a nice kit.
AOS
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 75 posts
Armorama: 74 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 09:29 PM UTC
I bought the Zvezda kit yesterday on a model Show here in Germany (although I've already built the one from Meng). My first Impression when I opened the box was positive. Paid 29 Euro for it...
Dimitar
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 287 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 02:38 PM UTC
Some sprue-shots. I'm seriously thinking about this one, but still can't decide. It's a lot cheaper then Meng's, about half the price (22 EUR vs. almost 50).

http://globaltao.com/obzory-korobok/bmpt-terminator-135-zvezda-obzor-pervoj-dolgozhdannoj-novinki-2015-goda.html
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 409 posts
Armorama: 402 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 08:21 PM UTC
Think the tracks aren't correct?
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 07:00 AM UTC
Hi Everybody;

There are no incorrect tracks, this vehicle can also use the RMSH tracks also. IMHO this kit Looks Awsome, And the Price is Awsome also, this should be Great Value for your Money, while it mite Not Have the Finer Details that the Meng kit has, it should look Good when completed. The only thing that I did not like was the Screens as I think they should be PE, it will also be interesting to see what AM companys will offer for this kit.
CHEERS; MIKE.
Dimitar
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 287 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 01:08 PM UTC
The details look fine on this one. What bugs me is the suspension's height. On the T-90 it was wrong (and it's clearly visible on the photos of the finished model), while here I just can't determine is there any problems.
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 409 posts
Armorama: 402 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 12:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Everybody;

There are no incorrect tracks, this vehicle can also use the RMSH tracks also. IMHO this kit Looks Awsome, And the Price is Awsome also, this should be Great Value for your Money, while it mite Not Have the Finer Details that the Meng kit has, it should look Good when completed. The only thing that I did not like was the Screens as I think they should be PE, it will also be interesting to see what AM companys will offer for this kit.

I wasn't commenting on the type of tracks but the orientation of the "cleats" on each section. I'm not sure the tracks can be assembled that way in real life?

HTH
Andy
CHEERS; MIKE.

grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 11:38 AM UTC
Hi Everybody;

Andy;) You are absolutely Correct; they do look kind of Funky, Well lets see, you could use Trumpys T-72 track or Model Points T-90 track set which are Superb. This kit has yet to make an Apperance in the States, and I am Anxious to see what it retails for. In any case I will purchase A Couple and make one into the Early Version.

CHEERS MY FRIEND; MIKE.
 _GOTOTOP