_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Dragon panther d
FD3S20B
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 255 posts
Armorama: 250 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 06:40 PM UTC

It has been a few from my last post busy with life ect
But hear is one I got done a few weeks ago
Bronco tracks
Model air paint paint fading with true earth fading one and two pin wash with true earth general aging
Stuff works good took some time to get the hang of it
Weathering with mig oils some ak stuff
Picked up the tank art books I would like to thank mike for doing those books because it broke down all my questions
smorko
Visit this Community
Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 09:46 PM UTC
The tank looks amazing! Good job indeed. Can you please tell me a little more about the Bronco tracks, did you have to modify them, because I don't think they fit otherwise?

Blackstoat
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 561 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 10:33 PM UTC
Nice job Craig
Panzer-Ole
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 155 posts
Armorama: 145 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 01:45 AM UTC
Hi Craig

Really nice and the weathering is outstanding.

Thank you for sharing

Ole
FD3S20B
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 05:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The tank looks amazing! Good job indeed. Can you please tell me a little more about the Bronco tracks, did you have to modify them, because I don't think they fit otherwise?

Thanks for the comments the tracks were Ok their is two different types bronco makes early and late very little clean up and they fit right out of the box they snap together so you have to be careful when putting them together and you will only have about 10 or so tracks left over when all done
ColinEdm
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 1,229 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 06:05 AM UTC
Very nicely done!
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 07:01 AM UTC
Great-looking D, Pard!

The finish, scheme and weathering all look super, and I think you have captured the look of a D early in the war very nicely.

The tracks do, however, have an "issue" that may or may not relate to other intentions and plans, if any, for this build...

The under-side runs at both ends look like they are "pushed up" between the sprocket and adjacent road-wheel and idler and adjacent RW. These could be that way if you are mounting your kitty down into some rubble of rocks or even mud - but these tracks were heavy and would hand or bow down if not supported. So,as a stand-alone kitty on display, this would grab the unfavorable attentions of a show judge!

That aside (and maybe pretty easy to fix?), this is one fine-looking build!

Bob
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 08:45 AM UTC
Like Bob, I too noticed the "problem" with the tracks. It's so uniform on both sides I figured you might have lifted the model with your fingers under the idlers. Since they're moveable it should be no problem repositioning them.

The other thing that caught my eye was that the turret almost seems to clean compared to the hull. It's especially evident to me in the last pic. It's almost like a brown wash was added to the hull, but left off of the turret. It's a minor thing, and may well be just me.

Other than those two items, I think you did a great job on this beastie.
Blackstoat
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 561 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 08:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great-looking D, Pard!

The finish, scheme and weathering all look super, and I think you have captured the look of a D early in the war very nicely.

The tracks do, however, have an "issue" that may or may not relate to other intentions and plans, if any, for this build...

The under-side runs at both ends look like they are "pushed up" between the sprocket and adjacent road-wheel and idler and adjacent RW. These could be that way if you are mounting your kitty down into some rubble of rocks or even mud - but these tracks were heavy and would hand or bow down if not supported. So,as a stand-alone kitty on display, this would grab the unfavorable attentions of a show judge!

Bob

Not taking anything away from it - it's superb. Looks like the tracks were a torment? Are Bronco tracks similar to Magic Tracks? Had similar myself with an Sd.Kfz 7 I just completed. One side went on perfectly. The other side was either slightly too long, or when I removed a link, slightly too short - arrrgh! Just had to live with it! I've still no idea why

These days I try to leave tracks until last, if the model is something I'm particularly proud of I invest in some Friuls.
johhar
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 476 posts
Armorama: 447 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 09:09 AM UTC
Was this Dragon kit 6299?
FD3S20B
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 09:51 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments guys yes the tracks move they are workable I need to put them back down a bit I may have touched them when I was moving it around
I see what you are talking about the turret I went back a dusted it with some pigments but you cat tell with the camera on my phone my real camera lens was broken at a show
The kit is 6299
This Was Also My First German build
FD3S20B
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 09:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Great-looking D, Pard!

Bob

Not taking anything away from it - it's superb. Looks like the tracks were a torment? Are Bronco tracks similar to Magic Tracks? Had similar myself with an Sd.Kfz 7 I just completed. One side went on perfectly. The other side was either slightly too long, or when I removed a link, slightly too short - arrrgh! Just had to live with it! I've still no idea why

These days I try to leave tracks until last, if the model is something I'm particularly proud of I invest in some Friuls.

The Bronco tracks were Ok they snap together so you run the risk of breaking the pin that snaps them in place no issues for me on each side I think I took a link or two out to get them to fit
I got these because I had no luck the the magic tracks and I was broke at the time or I would of gotten the white metal tracks I always do the running gear and tracks first to get them out of the way
 _GOTOTOP