_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
HobbyBoss 1/35 - 152mm ShkH vz.77 DANA
hummingbird
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 120 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 12:43 AM UTC
Hello awesome people.

Right... so I have here another finished kit for you.

I painted the green and wood brown in Gunze Sanyo, Mr. Hobby Aqueous colours while the black was painted in Tamiya. This was my second time painting Mr. Hobby and boy I really love it. It goes on much better then Tamiya. The scheme is for a vehicle in service with the Polish Army.

For weathering, I kept it rather clean apart from the various shades of dusts and many streakings. I am very very weak in making streakings and since this baby offer a lot of nicely angled surfaces, I though I'd give streakings another try. I used a grey colour streaking wash which I applied following a friend's suggestion; that is to streak them from bottom to up. I let it dry and apply another gloss and put on streakings that go top to bottom using oil; the colour was naples yellow. I am really happy with how all the streakings came out. I couldn't do that well on my Challey2, much less on my E-100. This is just very satisfactory for me.

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos ( many more) can be found on my blog -

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have.
http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/hobbyboss-135-152mm-shkh-vz77-dana.html
Until the next launch .
BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
Armorama: 326 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 03:17 AM UTC
What a huge beast that is, Gary. It looks fantastic to me. I think, the weathering is wel done. You know, too much ist often too much .... I'm also not good in that. Mostly I build aircrafts without any weathering. Somewhere I read that these old ladies get an update in the fire guiding system (correct word?) and better ammo, so that they will stay in the Czech Army for some more years. Good to them in the NATO now. Somehow I have a soft spot for wheeled armored vehicles ....

Torsten
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 10:44 AM UTC
Gary - It looks like a nice build, though most of the photos are pretty washed out. If you have a photo program on your computer, you might try upping the contrast level a little to bring the color back.

Torsten - When you're in Mannheim for the show wave "hi" to the Wasserturm for me. It's a dear old friend.
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2014 - 07:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

What a huge beast that is, Gary. It looks fantastic to me. I think, the weathering is wel done. You know, too much ist often too much .... I'm also not good in that. Mostly I build aircrafts without any weathering. Somewhere I read that these old ladies get an update in the fire guiding system (correct word?) and better ammo, so that they will stay in the Czech Army for some more years. Good to them in the NATO now. Somehow I have a soft spot for wheeled armored vehicles ....

Torsten

I don't really know that much about these gals as well. All I know is, they look sweet LOL. Thank you for your feedback sir..
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2014 - 07:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gary - It looks like a nice build, though most of the photos are pretty washed out. If you have a photo program on your computer, you might try upping the contrast level a little to bring the color back.

Torsten - When you're in Mannheim for the show wave "hi" to the Wasserturm for me. It's a dear old friend.

Thanks sir ... I have photoshop. The lighting was so crappy when I took them so I played around on PS but obviously, I edited them in the wrong way. I will keep your suggestion in mind for the next launch.
 _GOTOTOP