_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Ford GPA Amphibian
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
Armorama: 8,695 posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 - 03:20 PM UTC

And even one reference photo that includes the famous Life Magazine and wartime photographer Margaret Bourke-White!
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 12:53 AM UTC
As a further upgrade for the GPA (as said earlier;) the relatively recent offering from Tasca of US gas and water cans are EXCELLENT! Correct embossed lettering - even under the handles, correct and very delicate three bar carry handles also seperate gas and water lids/caps.
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 01:02 AM UTC
Armorama new product review of the Tasca US fuel and water cans is available at:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/review/4342

SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 01:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Could always add some canvas side curtains as well. They seem to have been very popular (and practical) based on the number of period GPA photos I have found that include them.
Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion, but doing a GPA and giving it the "Full Monty" treatment will have to wait for me. This was just a quick and simple OOTB to support my local AMPS club with one of their group builds. This build-up has satisfied the object of that exercise.

Hopefully one day someone (like Bronco, Miniart, etc) will give us a 21st Century kit of this worthy subject. If and when that happens, I might give the Ford GPA another chance on the workbench adding all the bells and whistles.

The reference photos you've been posting up are very nice and will certainly come in handy.

Cheers!
armyguy
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 262 posts
Armorama: 150 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 01:07 PM UTC
I forgot about this thread till I got my E.T.Model Jeep weighted road wheels that was mentioned earlier. Not to sure what to say about them, got them on E Bay from China. Two of the wheels got a bad pour on the resin, have to be very careful with them or the hole center of the rim will pop out. I take it they are made to be used on the Dragon Jeep but with a little careful drilling can be used on Tamiya.
I'm glad I remembered this thread. Nice build's Mike R and Mike K impressive looking GPA's It would be interesting to see what Bronco could do with the GPA.
Missed the Tasca US gas and water cans in the news and the review sections. Got to get some of those.
Dave
 _GOTOTOP