_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
LiveResin Soldier&Weapons:Qs
Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
KitMaker: 880 posts
Armorama: 874 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 10:34 AM UTC
Hi all,I'm collecting live resin soldiers and weapons.Now I would know which is the combination(weapon/soldier)more realistic or appropriate.
I mean...with the first figure(the ones with the Mtek fast) I should use a scar-h(due the 7.62 mag in the box)but...is the Scar-H appropriate for a what seems to be a "standard" US Army soldier?I've a limite knowledge about weapons/equipment but for example I know that the Scar-L (5.56)is not "used" in the US Army in a good amount to be considered "standard"...am I right?
I would use an M4...is it correct for US Army soldier?and what about the HK416?!
Which is a "standard" or "common" combination about weapons/scopes?!( Ex M4+Acog?)
If someone can give me some indications it would be great.

TIA
Ciro
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 01:42 PM UTC
The SCAR-L was tested by US SOCOM but was not adopted for use because it did not offer a significantly improved capability over the SOCOM M4 SOPMOD program.

SCAR-H is in standardized use by US SOCOM. It is not officially used by other US forces.

The standard issue weapon for a US soldier in a combat zone is the M4 Carbine. The Aimpoint close combat optic (CCO) is the standard issue weapon sight. ACOGs are issued roughly one or two to each fire team in an Infantry squad. The Soldiers who have the ACOG are typically serving in a role that we call the SDM or Squad Designated Marksman. US Marines use the ACOG in larger ratios than the Army does I think.

In combat zones, you will sometimes see Soldiers use M145 MGO's (Machine Gun Optics designed for use on M240 & M249)on the M4 Carbine.
Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
KitMaker: 880 posts
Armorama: 874 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 07:17 PM UTC
Thank you Brent!So I need to go for M4 and his accessories,can you say me something about the HK416?!Is it used?!
The use of accessories,like forward grips,lights,laser,bipods and so on is a soldier preference or are there indications/suggestions by US Army?!

Cheers
Ciro
 _GOTOTOP