_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Advice finding a hobby store in Stuttgart?
helkaissy
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 244 posts
Armorama: 180 posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 - 12:42 AM UTC
Hi Everyone
I will be soon travelling to Stuttgart in Germany and was hoping if anyone could advise me about a good hobby store I can visit there that would be inside the city and has good variety of kits and supplies. All I could find online were train model shops.
Thanks
Hussein
AKirchhoff
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 307 posts
Armorama: 304 posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 - 02:14 AM UTC
Hi,
well, I only visited Drogerie Müller, Stuttgart, Königstr.5

It is a general shop with a selection of toys in the first floor. Don´t await too much. Mainly Revell Germany kits, selection of colours, and equipment. It is only a shop with a small area with toys and hobby things for all ages. Nothing special there. If you visit Königsstraße, you may have a look, but don´t make extra trip to there (you are warned). I do have another suggestion: Germany has some nice mailorder shops, look through their offers, contact them and make them deliver to your hotel. If you arrange it early enough, ask them if they would do it and also inform the hotel where you stay, that might be working. Just a guess.

Have a nice stay in Stuttgart. Be aware, the main railway station is a giant construction site...

Andreas
AKirchhoff
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 307 posts
Armorama: 304 posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 - 03:31 AM UTC
Hi,

you may also consider this shop. General toy shop. I was not there, but I found it recommended in a forum.

http://www.spielwaren-kurtz.de/

Generally, in Germany a lot of shops reduced the range on plastic modelling because the kids today have other choices of hobby and the adults are buying on mailorder mainly. Unfortunately, this is a general tendency here, also caused by the extremely wide variety of kits/manufacturers today. The market changed...

Andreas
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 - 03:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Generally, in Germany a lot of shops reduced the range on plastic modelling because the kids today have other choices of hobby and the adults are buying on mailorder mainly. Unfortunately, this is a general tendency here, also caused by the extremely wide variety of kits/manufacturers today. The market changed...

I'm afraid it's a worldwide situation. More and more small dedicated hobby stores are falling by the wayside. While the internet isn't the entire blame, it sure makes up a good percentage of it.
helkaissy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 - 03:53 AM UTC
Thanks Andreas

Indeed I visited in the past "Muller" in Nuremberg and as you mentioned it had just a small Revell corner. But after some search I found one large hobby shop in Nuremberg which was more than I hoped for. I also visited very impressive store in Dusseldorf it was mainly a train hobby store but inside it was a very large armored modeling corner.
I was hoping to find a similar shop in Stuttgart but it seems not the same.
I'll keep you posted of my findings
helkaissy
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 05:52 AM UTC
Well I did find one shop that is 45 minutes by train from Stuttgart
It's called Nimpex
Check their site
www.nimpex.de
I am not sure if i will have time to go that far or not but it seems like a good selection shop that sells online and in shop too
Hope to find time for it, I'll be there in a couple of weeks
nng-nng
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 380 posts
Armorama: 376 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 07:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Indeed I visited in the past "Muller" in Nuremberg and as you mentioned it had just a small Revell corner.

What you can get a at a Müller differs of course from shop to shop, sometimes even within a few weeks in the same shop... (Würzburg has a gerat department, just as the toys department in Munich (Obletter at the "Stachus"))
you can´t reall predict if you´ll need an extra bag or none at all...
I´ve just experienced that in Erfurt... was there and found just the usual Revell planes, some of the old and little Tamiya sets and a few 1:35 Revell kits... a few weeks later they also had plenty of the latest Italeri and Revell releases... so´if you´re close, stop in and have a look... if you don´t like what you see you can always leave
 _GOTOTOP