_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Feedback Please
Tedwards252
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 72 posts
Armorama: 70 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 02:39 AM UTC
I plan on taking this to the AMPS Nationals next week and need feedback if anybody can spot anything. I posted last year about starting this build but only finished it about a month ago (woo-hoo college getting in the way! )The figure being posted as well is still under construction, hopefully to be finished before the show.

photo IMG_0736_zpsec68b5a2.jpg

This is my first attempt (on my own) of a full figure, rather than a commander in a turret.
Tedwards252
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 02:40 AM UTC
Why he is sideways I do not know.
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 02:52 AM UTC
Very nice! I like your chipping on your Tiger II!
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 03:08 AM UTC
Trevor -- Very nicely done! What color did you use for the pioneer tools and the M-1?
Thanks
DJ
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 03:10 AM UTC
Nice KT Trevor ! Restrained chipping. I really like the Zim.
Nice touch distressing the one grill on the engine deck. I personally would "cave in" the grill work a bit. People rode and walked on these so I DON'T think that they would be flat.
Other members might know better but I don't think that your muzzle should be so sooty. Maybe it's just the picture.
Great looking GI ! Especially for a first attempt at a full figure.
Good Luck at AMPS !
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 07:49 AM UTC
Your pictures make feedback a challenge, except some of the more obvious points.
-- without seeing better pictures of how it's carried off, Ivanhoe may have a point about the muzzle break.
-- the screen he mentioned seems out of place, being the only one damaged.
-- the chipping is done well, but to me it conflicts with the general condition of the rest of the vehicle.
-- the mud on the fenders is puzzling in the way it's applied. It doesn't make sense to have it only in the front and back. The only real way for it to get there would be if it were splashed up from a puddle so I don't think it would be so localized.

Dependent on what level you enter under, these small things may not affect your final score as much. If it lands on the judging table in front of me, I'll be able to give you a real good assessment.
Tedwards252
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 10:27 AM UTC
Before I begin my category is Basic Modeler. I am only 18 so I have been out of the junior category for a little under a year now. The M1 and tools are painted with mix of 25% Testors Wood, and 75% Rust. The hole in the screen was caused by 7 year old sister related incident while building the tank. Thanks for the chipping complements. My logic behind the chipping was in places that would receive constant wear (opening hatches, the crew climbing/walking on the vehicle, etc.) The soot on the muzzle break is only due to the photo. It is not as sooty as it looks in the photo. The mud was meant to look like it had splashed from a puddle the mud is also flat and dried out looking in person.
AFVFan
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 02:15 PM UTC
Some of the items you explained weren't evident in the pictures. Thanks for the explanation.

The reason I mentioned the chipping is that you show a fair amount on some surfaces (turret top, rear deck, and front hatch plate) indicating that this is not a new vehicle, but it doesn't look like the fenders have a scratch on them (again, it may not be showing in the pics). You'd expect some wear and tear from bushes, trees, crew, or mounted infantry.

The screens are the same story. With enough traffic to chip the paint on the rear deck you'd expect some minor damage to the screens. As Ivanhoe mentioned they did get stepped on, the crew pulling maintenance may have knelt on them, who knows.... So, your 7 yr old sister is working for the French resistance?

You should do quite well with your effort here Trevor. Basic, huh? Don't get used to it. You keep building like this, and you'll be intermediate in no time!

See you in Fredericksburg
Tedwards252
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 02:36 PM UTC
My issue with chipping the screens is how???? I've never once seen any kind of photograph of them chipped. See you there for sure! I'm not too hard to miss. At a gig like this my age should give me away haha. Look for the college age blond kid in a Gamecock shirt.
Tedwards252
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 02:41 PM UTC
Also this was posted in a rush before work today, hence the lack of detail.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 11:32 PM UTC
The only criticism I have is that the flash suppressor should not be black. Everything else looks great!
AFVFan
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 10:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm not too hard to miss. At a gig like this my age should give me away haha. Look for the college age blond kid in a Gamecock shirt.

I'll be the old, short guy with glasses and hair down to the middle of my back. While "old", "short", and "glasses" would describe many of us, the hair should be a give-away! Stop me and say hi.
 _GOTOTOP