_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Back to modelling, Tiger I
Snakey
Visit this Community
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 61 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 08:42 PM UTC
I have finally been brought back into modelling. Mainly because my 10 year old kid is getting into it and I couldn't be more pleased.
Long story short, I ended up bying an old Tamiya Tiger 1. The old RC one but the RC-bits where long gone. Great old kit which was a joy to put together.

I wanted to try out some different weathering techniques and since I don't have an airbrush (yet...) I just painted it white and went wild and crazy with oils.

So I just thought I would share with you guys and maybe get some needed critics. Good or bad doesn't matter, I just want to be a better modeller.
I know there are some details missing but I gave it to the kid when I was done with it, and we all know what happens to models when a 10 year old gets there hands on it

Anyways, here it comes.

Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 12:58 AM UTC
excellent job,I like your modiulation on the gray,and the weathering is well done
ColinEdm
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 1,229 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 01:53 AM UTC
Seconded! Well done.

Quoted Text

excellent job,I like your modiulation on the gray,and the weathering is well done

AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 03:50 PM UTC
I'm going to agree with Anthony and Colin, especially in light of the fact that you're just getting back into it. The paint work is fantastic, considering it's brushed. Without going into the fine detailing, like wiring up the dischargers and such, the only thing that caught my eye is that the separation lines for the fender sections could have been darkened a bit so that they'd show more. In some of the pics, it's really hard to see that they're there.
 _GOTOTOP