_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tamyia 18 Ton Heavy Half-Track Famo and Tank
Redfinger
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 11:33 AM UTC
Been working on this project for someone else. This is a beast of a kit to build. I really was not trying to go for "super detail", just adding bits and pieces to help the over all look, there are also a few photo-etch bits spread out here and there as well. Nothing to really show from the build, I did however magnetize the rear bed to the frame. This will allow the rear bed to be removed, so that the winch and detail underneath can be observed;

After assembly the first thing to paint was the drive train;

Some rusting on the manifolds

Effects were achieved with Vallejo paints, oil paints some AK stuff and weathering powders. Once the drive train was completed the frame and forward cab were coated in Tamyia German Grey, and given some soft highlights.

Then some paint splatter was added to mimic dried mud splashes

I then mixed up some buff colored oil paints, and some dark earth brown tones as well and began to weather the engine compartment and frame, I then glue the drive train in place and attached the front cab, here are a few images.

As you can tell from the photos there are still pieces that need to be cleaned up and weathering that needs to be touched up, but for the most part things I think I progressing well.

I am curious if everyone thinks the chain is in scale? It is the largest chain I have in my bits box, I think it works, but I am not military modeling expert.

A.
mparham02
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 60 posts
Armorama: 38 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 12:08 PM UTC
Great work! Looks like your off to a great start.
ColinEdm
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 1,229 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 03:13 PM UTC
Wow, very nice work!
dmb615
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2014 - 03:07 AM UTC
Very nice! I love the weathered effects and how you painted the engine. I am looking forward to see how this gets wrapped up.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2014 - 03:43 AM UTC
Ashton,
Wow! That hose on the engine looks like real rubber. Personally, I think once you weather the chain, it will be perfect. Can't wait to see the final. Very nice work!

--mike
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 03:59 AM UTC
I agree with everyone, terrific job on the weathering !
 _GOTOTOP