_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Is the Dragon M1A2 SEP being rereleased?
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 05:33 AM UTC
I've heard many rumors but I haven't seen it show up for pre-orders anywhere. has it been officially confirmed that Dragon is re-releasing their M1 series? I have one I want to use for two dioramas (math doesn't add up. . .) and don't want to commit it to the quick one if I can't get one for my bigger and more complicated (and the one i really want to do!) diorama.

Thanks,
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,575 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 10:22 AM UTC
3535 and 3536 were supposed to be re-released last September. That's what every online vendor told me when I attempted to order both of these elusive mothers. Also note that Dragon USA jacked up the M.S.R.P. on these two kits to $62.95. They're still listed as "Backordered" for whatever that's worth.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 04:32 PM UTC
Well, you could try ncphobbies.com . They have them in stock for $58.28.
bf443
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
Armorama: 283 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 06:04 PM UTC
Yes, both DML kits of the Abrams are going to be a very limited re-issue and will arrive sometime in June. The retail and wholesale price of each Abrams kit has jumped considerably. Because of the price increase and lack of positive response from customers I only ordered handful of each version to sell.

In summary, they will be in stock by the end of June and be prepared to pay more than the last re-issue and realistically what distributors/vendors pre-ordered is probably all there will be for long, long, time.

All the best,

Brian Fendley
JAC Hobbies
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 06:05 PM UTC
According to Hobbylinc, the DML M1Ax's are due back in this upcoming late-June 2014.
Dragon164
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,909 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 06:49 PM UTC
Are you sure they were not released last fall? I found one at a local hobby shop that was not there the time before.

Cheers Rob.
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 11:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Are you sure they were not released last fall? I found one at a local hobby shop that was not there the time before.

Cheers Rob.

Nah. I checked the Dragon USA site every day, from early last year till March of this year. During this time, both kits were listed at a "sale price" of $46.95 and as "backordered". The only update is with the price. The stronzos at Dragon are yanking our collective chain. Disgraziata!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 - 01:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheers Rob.

Nah. I checked the Dragon USA site every day, from early last year till March of this year. During this time, both kits were listed at a "sale price" of $46.95 and as "backordered". The only update is with the price. The stronzos at Dragon are yanking our collective chain. Disgraziata!

Just watch eBay- I see #3535s AND #3536s fairly often, listing in prices ranging from low $40s-to-high-$60s... DRAGON's pricing is competitive with all the other "stronzos" out there. Actually, their AIMs and SEPs are pretty reasonably-priced, considering their outstanding quality and high parts-count. Compare these to DRAGON's "BLACK PLAGUE" M103A1 kits, for example- mediocre quality priced at $70 BUCKS!!! THAT is "Disgraziata"...
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 - 03:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheers Rob.

Just watch eBay- I see #3535s AND #3536s fairly often, listing in prices ranging from low $40s-to-high-$60s... DRAGON's pricing is competitive with all the other "stronzos" out there. Actually, their AIMs and SEPs are pretty reasonably-priced, considering their outstanding quality and high parts-count. Compare these to DRAGON's "BLACK PLAGUE" M103A1 kits, for example- mediocre quality priced at $70 BUCKS!!! THAT is "Disgraziata"...

I, like a number of others, keep an eye on eBay listings. There hasn't been an offering for either kit at a reasonable price for a fairly long time. Right now, there are listings for three SEP's and one AIM. That's it. Worldwide. None under 90 bucks. I ain't jonesing for either that badly to pony up that kind of cash.

I bet you looked up "stronzo".
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,106 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 - 11:46 PM UTC
actually Dragon did get the AIMs in last fall..I ordered a few when they did, and they went quick..they never did get the SEPs in.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 07:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheers Rob.

I, like a number of others, keep an eye on eBay listings. There hasn't been an offering for either kit at a reasonable price for a fairly long time. Right now, there are listings for three SEP's and one AIM. That's it. Worldwide. None under 90 bucks. I ain't jonesing for either that badly to pony up that kind of cash.

I bet you looked up "stronzo".

No, I didn't have to look up "stronzo". I had several Italian friends, (among many other nationalities) who would sometimes use Italian curse-words and expressions, one of which was "strunz'", so I kind of took the meaning "stronzo" in the same way...

I myself am of Ukrainian and German extraction, so I have a pretty extensive use "blue language" in those two tongues as well. Not that I want a medal for that, either...

PS- I saw a couple of M1A1 AIMs on eBay last week going in the $50.00 price range. I already have 2 DRAGON AIMs and 2 DRAGON SEPs, so I'm not in a great rush to buy any more, unless there's a major change in the real thing- such as an M1A3..?
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 08:29 AM UTC
Great! between the two of us, we can exchange "pleasantries" in five languages.

Seriously though, it's already June and the much rumored re-release hasn't come to pass. Again. To quote a famous Brooklynite about this somewhat anticipated event:

Quoted Text

Ah, you've been saying that through the whole picture!

bf443
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
Armorama: 283 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 10:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ah, you've been saying that through the whole picture!

[/quote]

"Don't you worry, never fear, Robin hood will soon be here"

When I placed pre-orders for my store back in March the sales rep said June is delivery time. That usually translates to end of June/beginning of July. The kits (SEP & AIM) will be a very limited run.
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 12:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That usually translates to end of June/beginning of July.

To paraphrase:

It might rabbit, it might.

Kenaicop
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 1,316 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 03:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Got one coming, thanks for the tip
Jedge3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 258 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 03:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Are they sold out? Did not see it on the site.
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 06:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I hope Matt picked one up. I was the guy who tipped him off about the place. Sorta.....Kinda.....Almost......

Quote from email received from NCP Hobbies

Quoted Text

I am sorry to inform you that the item you requested #DML3536 Dragon Models 1/35 M1A2 Sep Tank Plastic Model is currently not available. We have tried all sources with no luck......

Well, they do have a great selection of HO slot cars. I ordered a twelve pack of Thunderjet cars for my son.

Kenaicop
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 1,316 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 06:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I hope Matt picked one up. I was the guy who tipped him off about the place. Sorta.....Kinda.....Almost......

I got a confirmation email as well as a confirmation number, I hope something is coming

Quote from email received from NCP Hobbies

Quoted Text

I am sorry to inform you that the item you requested #DML3536 Dragon Models 1/35 M1A2 Sep Tank Plastic Model is currently not available. We have tried all sources with no luck......

Well, they do have a great selection of HO slot cars. I ordered a twelve pack of Thunderjet cars for my son.

Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 01:35 AM UTC
Relax. I'm not trying to mess with you, man. That's from an email I received from NCP the other day. I've purchased a couple of the 3536's from there in the recent past. I knew that they didn't have many of them. I waited a few days after Matt posted his comment since I knew guys were looking for the kit and I wanted to give somebody else a chance to grab one. I just checked to see if there were any left. Matt asked if anybody at M-L dealt with NCP and I said that I did. I mentioned that they were a good place to do business and that one could find some good stuff there, like the Dragon M1A2 SEP. It was coincidental that this is what he was looking at on their site.
Firecap4
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 309 posts
Armorama: 288 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2014 - 07:06 AM UTC
If anyone is in need of the M1A2 SEP kit I have an extra, and I'm trying to fund the purchase of a Tamiya 1/32 Birdcage Corsair for a change of pace....the outer wrapping is gone and the box is a little creased, but everything inside is present and still bagged up. I'd like to get $60 even if I could, plus shipping would depend on where it's going. Send me a PM if interested.

Chuck
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 03:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Actually, their AIMs and SEPs are pretty reasonably-priced, considering their outstanding quality and high parts-count.

Definitely.

IMO the M1A1 AIM is one of the best values for money in 1/35th.

And given the huge amount of AM stuff, especially from PSM, you can build just about any Abrams you could want.
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 03:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes, both DML kits of the Abrams are going to be a very limited re-issue and will arrive sometime in June. The retail and wholesale price of each Abrams kit has jumped considerably. Because of the price increase and lack of positive response from customers I only ordered handful of each version to sell.

In summary, they will be in stock by the end of June and be prepared to pay more than the last re-issue and realistically what distributors/vendors pre-ordered is probably all there will be for long, long, time.

All the best,

Brian Fendley
JAC Hobbies

Quoted Text

According to Hobbylinc, the DML M1Ax's are due back in this upcoming late-June 2014.

So.........it's like, almost June 30th........what be the real lowdown on this scuttlebutt? Please don't say that "late June" really means "late August-early September". That sounds like "The check is in the mail." I'm betting on the check to arrive first.
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 06:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

So.........it's like, almost June 30th........what be the real lowdown on this scuttlebutt? Please don't say that "late June" really means "late August-early September". That sounds like "The check is in the mail." I'm betting on the check to arrive first.

I was just quoting what a online store was saying. Don't look to me for answers. I just checked back on Hobbylinc.com. It says that now both the A1 and A2 are due by "late-August, 2014." But both are priced at $52.69. Remember I have nothing to do with the Hobbylinc company, I'm just browsing and quoting. Butt that price I'm willing to wait a bit. I'll have the money I need to buy finally buy a SEP.
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 06:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I was just quoting what a online store was saying. Don't look to me for answers. I just checked back on Hobbylinc.com. It says that now both the A1 and A2 are due by "late-August, 2014." But both are priced at $52.69. Remember I have nothing to do with the Hobbylinc company, I'm just browsing and quoting. Butt that price I'm willing to wait a bit. I'll have the money I need to buy finally buy a SEP.

I'm just busting chops, man. I was poking Brian. You were collateral damage by way of Hobbylinc. I've placed orders for 3536 at seven different online shops since last June. All of them have had that kit backordered for the longest. Like most e-shops usually do, I'm supposed to get notified when the kit comes in. When....ah, the operative word. More like if. When late August rolls around, it'll be "late October-early November" and so on ad nauseam. I was over by Jan's Hobby Shop recently asking about this and I got a shaking head with a laugh thrown in for effect. That response pretty much summed it up for me.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 09:56 PM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I was just quoting what a online store was saying. Don't look to me for answers. I just checked back on Hobbylinc.com. It says that now both the A1 and A2 are due by "late-August, 2014." But both are priced at $52.69. Remember I have nothing to do with the Hobbylinc company, I'm just browsing and quoting. Butt that price I'm willing to wait a bit. I'll have the money I need to buy finally buy a SEP. [/quoteS

I'm just busting chops, man. I was poking Brian. You were collateral damage by way of Hobbylinc. I've placed orders for 3536 at seven different online shops since last June. All of them have had that kit backordered for the longest. Like most e-shops usually do, I'm supposed to get notified when the kit comes in. When....ah, the operative word. More like if. When late August rolls around, it'll be "late October-early November" and so on ad nauseam. I was over by Jan's Hobby Shop recently asking about this and I got a shaking head with a laugh thrown in for effect. That response pretty much summed it up for me.

You know, all this is starting to sound like the "GREAT RUN-AROUND" that some of us went through with AFV CLUB's aborted M8 HMC. It took AFV about 5 years to finally come out with their "Early" M5A1, a couple more years for the "Late" M5A1 and NEVER for their M8 HMC. I don't believe until I see, anymore- WITH ANYBODY!!!

The way these hobby manufacturers jerk us around is a lot of "Schweinerei"...

PS- I see DRAGON is releasing still ANOTHER Pz.III AND ANOTHER SdKfz.10 variant. Have any of you guys heard any more about the BLACK PLAGUE M6A1 besides their goof with the turret? Instead of correcting the rather silly mistakes that they keep making in WWII US & Allied AFVs, DRAGON keeps force-feeding us the same old warmed-over WWII German stuff "dolled-up" with a few new parts...
 _GOTOTOP