_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
I take offense to this description
panzer_fan
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 427 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 01:39 AM UTC
Guys, we should park this, as it slowly drifts into a senseless political debate and I really don't think this has anything to do modelling or with our hobby.
Let's keep and use this forum for what has been intended.
SaxonTheShiba
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,233 posts
Armorama: 557 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 02:11 AM UTC
It was an error and has been fixed. Let's get back to reducing our model stacks----or increasing them by buying more of all these new releases.

Regards,

Ian

arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 674 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 03:40 AM UTC
What was the point of this thread?
nzgunnie
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 371 posts
Armorama: 174 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 08:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

... someone was offended by models of US SF being described as 'terrorists' and felt the need to tell everyone about it?
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 10:10 PM UTC
OMG! Not the 'T' Word? Excuse me while I phone my therapist and have a couple of Zanex....
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 2,888 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 10:21 PM UTC
I agree with Darren that an e-mail probably could have resolved this without further ado, and given the company was so quick to recognize and correct their error (political debate notwithstanding) I would probably advocate for simply taking this threaad off-line. I would not normally advocate for something like that, but I don't see the point in leaving this out there where it can serve no further purpose but to unjustly damage the reputation and business of what appears to be a supportive and well-intentioned company. My $0.02 worth...

Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 12:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

... someone was offended by models of US SF being described as 'terrorists' and felt the need to tell everyone about it?

I suspect that citizens of any country would be offended if soldiers of their nation were described as terrorists.Especially if they have family members serving.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 12:49 AM UTC
It was a mistake. There was an apology.

First of all I thought that it was the masked figure in the IKEA soft-furnishings who was the 'T' but then realized that it was an unusual hostage situation. Weird....
Namabiiru
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 12:54 AM UTC
You're not wrong, Anthony, but look at the company's response; the ad was mislabeled based on a quick scan of the box art and it's been fixed. There was no slight intended, so what is there really to be offended at?

If the response had been, " Live with it, you war-mongering yank," well, that would be another matter.

Still think this thread should taken down, as look as it's still up, I'll still plead the case for moderation and understanding.

Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 01:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You're not wrong, Anthony, but look at the company's response; the ad was mislabeled based on a quick scan of the box art and it's been fixed. There was no slight intended, so what is there really to be offended at?

If the response had been, " Live with it, you war-mongering yank," well, that would be another matter.

Still think this thread should taken down, as look as it's still up, I'll still plead the case for moderation and understanding.

Yes,you are right,the company was very responsive.And the OP quickly accepted the apology and has let the topic be.However,some felt as if he should not have had any beef at all,I think his feelings were legitimate,and the company addressed it.I'm okay with the set and the company.
Namabiiru
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 01:34 AM UTC
I think for most the issue is not that he had a beef, but that he aired it to the world before communicating directly with the company to resolve his legitimate concerns.

Maybe even just a little less inflammatory title for the thread (e.g: what do you make of this?) since the post itself seemed to convey more of a sense of incredulity than righteous indignation.

arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 674 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 02:47 AM UTC
Maybe its better to think before starting to went some percieved slights. Whats the point in polluting this forum with threads like this.
 _GOTOTOP