_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
photoeched german floor plate
ruqui1
Visit this Community
Uruguay
KitMaker: 45 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 02:13 AM UTC
Hi! I'm building a Sd.Kfz 222 from Tristar, the kit is nice and the interior is quite complete but the floor lacks the tread pattern that is present in the german vehicles

As I'm interested in leaving the doors open, I'd like to buy a photoetched german floor plate to fix the issue with this kit, anybody knows if any company does such thing? And (most important) where can I buy it online?

Thanks!
SDavies
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 979 posts
Armorama: 959 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 02:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi! I'm building a Sd.Kfz 222 from Tristar, the kit is nice and the interior is quite complete but the floor lacks the tread pattern that is present in the german vehicles

As I'm interested in leaving the doors open, I'd like to buy a photoetched german floor plate to fix the issue with this kit, anybody knows if any company does such thing? And (most important) where can I buy it online?

Thanks!

Aber makes a very nice floor plate which can be adapted for the 222. Have a look at the following build log. (Not quite completed )

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/189598#1586428

I purchased it from Historex in the UK, I am sure someone knows a closer vendor for you.....

S
Thudius
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,194 posts
Armorama: 1,077 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 03:12 AM UTC
Voyager and Lion Roar also make tread plate. I usually get mine from e-bay sellers.

Kimmo
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 03:24 AM UTC
Also I found some brass dotted-pattern floor plate from British company Airwaves (AM037 from Hannants, UK).

Be mindful that the plate pattern is actually in scale. Some PE is better than others.

I build mostly US and have like Lion Roar's standard T-shaped pattern floor plate.
 _GOTOTOP