_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Academy 1/35 South Korean K9 Thunder
hummingbird
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 120 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 12:35 AM UTC
Good day to you people.

As you all aware, I'm building a fleet of SPG and this is my fifth on the line after the Dana, Type 99, Pzh2000 and the AuF1. The sixth and seventh will be the Mista-S and AS-90.

I use four different kind of paint brands for the paint job; Mr Hobby Aqueus, Revell Aqua, Tamiya and Vallejo.

I decided to go for a very wet situation. I saw some videos of these gals doing exercise in a very rainy weather so I thought '' hey, rain .. wet vehicle.. wet mud..'' so I went ahead and put it on. To compliment the wet mud on the running gears, I decided to take the wet effects further. I decided to make the entire vehicle quite wet as if it has been staying out in the rain. In order to do that, I just used a lot of Vallejo Gloss Varnish as I do not want to spend money on any wet effect fluid. It's not perfect but it does the job suitably. Had I more budge, I would have love to get an AK or an AMMO.

The most unsatisfying thing on this particular build would be my lack on control when painting the lights. I thought they were alright but upon taking the pictures, I saw that they could use a repaint with the camo colours as the edges bled out but if you know me, you know I will just say '' meh, can't be bothered now'' and be done with it; which is exactly what I did. Another thing I am now regretting, in hindsight , is that I should have put on some more mud on the tyres. That was a BIG boo boo.

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos ( many more) can be found on my blog -
http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/academy-135-south-korean-k9-thunder.html
Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Until the next launch .
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2014 - 03:26 AM UTC
Very nice job on the cammo. I have one in my stash as well, but I got hung up on the interior. I'm trying to do a complete interior but so far none of my Korea trips has given me the time to go get photos.
I can't see from the photos what you mean about the lights, but I can imagine. I've seen so many nice builds miss the mark with the headlights. Even if properly painted, they never look as good as they could with replacement lenses such as MV lenses.
Agan though, very nice job overall.
hummingbird
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 120 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 - 08:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice job on the cammo. I have one in my stash as well, but I got hung up on the interior. I'm trying to do a complete interior but so far none of my Korea trips has given me the time to go get photos.
I can't see from the photos what you mean about the lights, but I can imagine. I've seen so many nice builds miss the mark with the headlights. Even if properly painted, they never look as good as they could with replacement lenses such as MV lenses.
Agan though, very nice job overall.

Thank you Robert. And yes, even with properly printed one, they still look crappy. And replacement lenses can be a tad expensive .

If you need interior shots - Perhaps these will help http://news.discuss.com.hk/viewthread.php?tid=18055004

_GOTOTOP