Hosted by Darren Baker
Factory no 174. Leningrad 1934
Flanker1313
Visit this Community
Krakow, Poland
KitMaker: 24 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 11:38 PM UTC
Hello all. Here is my diorama which I made a half year ago. (Today I'd done it differently...) There is a part of tank factory no. 174 in Leningrad ,1934. The scene shows a construction of AT-1. It is a Hobby Boss model in 1:35. All items and stuff except a air compressor was a scratch builds. Figures are an mix of MiniArt ,MB ,Tamiya and ICM. Floor was made of plaster ,wall - foam and roof - cartoon and wood. I have used mostly Vallajo paints and for weathering various AK and Lifecolor paints. Enjoy

Greetz
Witold
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2014 - 01:14 AM UTC
Excellent work love the attention to detail was this a scratch build or can you tell us what kits you used
SiStorey
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 242 posts
Armorama: 161 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2014 - 01:30 AM UTC
Great build witold!! Really well done. Love the guy holding had tanks on the right, he has a really funny stance which made me laugh butI love it!!
Flanker1313
Visit this Community
Krakow, Poland
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2014 - 02:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great build witold!! Really well done. Love the guy holding had tanks on the right, he has a really funny stance which made me laugh butI love it!!

Thank You. I had a big problem with this guy... I haven't found a suitable figure ,so I made this one in several parts. Oh and I was preparing for a modellers competition in february ,so I ran out of time for something better.. Maybe in future I will learn how to sculp an figures in 1:35... For me this guy look like zombie

Quoted Text

Excellent work love the attention to detail was this a scratch build or can you tell us what kits you used

Hi and thank You. Except air compressor (Italeri) and a barrel (RB) everythings is a scratch. I have used HIPS and polystyrene for steel griders ,desk and a regal. Cans of paint was made of cut plastic frame. Tin roof I have made of cartoon. And that's end I think..
camper66
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2014 - 10:16 AM UTC
What did you use on the brick wall to get the white residue? Was it a wash of some kind?
Flanker1313
Visit this Community
Krakow, Poland
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2014 - 05:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

What did you use on the brick wall to get the white residue? Was it a wash of some kind?

I have used diluted white Vallejo paint. I was afraid that if I use oil paints ,wall from foam could be damaged..
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2014 - 08:39 PM UTC

Hi Witek,

you are into sophisticated scratch-building Sir..!!

And you are on the right track when it comes to paying attention to details!!!

Weathering on the tank is good too!!

The paintjob/shading on the figures is convincing!!!

Well done!

However, the poor guy pulling the ethylene bottles really looks a bit like a zombie ...and the guy on the left would probably kneel down to use his spanner.

You have a certain self-criticism that will -together with your boldness- lead you to the top I'm sure!!

If we can learn from our mistakes, nothing can stop us from getting better!!

Cheers

Romain

_GOTOTOP