_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
1/35 Cyber Hobby JSU-152
Scipio2010
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 323 posts
Armorama: 221 posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2014 - 08:42 AM UTC
Just finished my latest project, a Cyber Hobby JSU-152. The vehicle was built OOB with some added figures and extras. I'm depicting a late winter/early spring vehicle that's been fighting all winter. Thought Id post some pictures in hopes of constructive feedback.

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2014 - 09:17 AM UTC
Nice work. I have two suggestions that stand out. First, replace the detrenching logs with sticks of the appropriate dimensions. These should not be too hard to find, as you take a walk. Second, the pigments on the tracks and running gear are too uniform. Try breaking them up with some lighter shades. You did quite a good job, on the whitewash. This is something I am still trying to master.
Scipio2010
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 323 posts
Armorama: 221 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 11:31 AM UTC
Thank you for the feedback! I really appreciate it. For the whitewash I used AK chipping fluid and the Ammo of Mig white wash paint. Its really easy to work with!
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 - 04:44 AM UTC
I really like the finish on the vehicle and the figures are much better than the ones I murder. I agree with the prior comments and would offer another if it's OK. If this vehicle has been fighting all winter, I would consider a few dings/dents in the fenders, fuel drums, etc. With a beast this size, Russian drivers were likely to run thru any obstacles rather than over/around them.
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 - 02:46 PM UTC
Overall, a nice job. Skipping over ther previously mentioned items, I'd like to bring up a few other things to think about.

First, it looks like you have a coat of mud on the ride surfaces of the road wheels. Those areas would be kept cleaner by the constant contact with the tracks. Following the same thought track, there would be some indication on the tracks where the wheels are running.

Second, the rust color on the exhaust covers seems a bit too uniform. Some tonal variations may add interest to them. The same could be said for the logs (a light dry brushing to bring out the texture), and the tools (though you really only show the pick, I imagine the other tools are finished similarly).

Hope these thoughts help you out.
 _GOTOTOP