_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Operation Cover-up. Second dio. Part 2
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 04:54 PM UTC
Hi Guys
On my first post I had built the figure, and have had the gun built for a few days now. I took some pictures before priming of the gun tonight. Any comments, critic etc are most welcome. How is everyone else coming on with the Cover-up campaign!

Manchu34
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Armorama: 361 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 07:53 PM UTC
Looking good. Can't wait to see it painted. THe big question I have is how you plan on painting it. Will it represent a flak gun thats seen better days, new, or slightly worn?

For myself, coming along okay. My first quick built US Infantry foxhole is done. My main project a M151A2 TOW launcher dug in keeps growing. Started out with just the jeep. Now will include at least 2 soldiers, extra tow missles to include one in a scratch built shipping crate and Camou nets over the entire dio.
Zverko
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 177 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 11:08 PM UTC
Salute Comrade PlasticBattle,
Although both models are in 120 mm, the soldier seems slightly larger in size than the flak gun. I wonder why ...

Regards, Zver
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 06:49 AM UTC
Thanks for your nice words guys.

Manchu34: I have a sneaking suspicion that this gun is gonna be well worn with a few(?) chip marks. I dont think the handschar got the newest and best equipment. This gun is going to be a pretty relaxed, laid back sort of built in position. Thats why I modelled the barrell sitting low, as the figue is sort-of bored looking out with a cigarette.

Zverko: I have two of these guns in 1/35 also, and I stood a 1/35 figure next to them and the scale is pretty similar. They must have been pretty low. If you look at the chair, its half the height of the whole gun.... maybe that helps put the scale in perspective. I dont think there is a problem with them.
42gunner
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 10:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for your nice words guys.

Manchu34: I have a sneaking suspicion that this gun is gonna be well worn with a few(?) chip marks. I dont think the handschar got the newest and best equipment. This gun is going to be a pretty relaxed, laid back sort of built in position. Thats why I modelled the barrell sitting low, as the figue is sort-of bored looking out with a cigarette.

Zverko: I have two of these guns in 1/35 also, and I stood a 1/35 figure next to them and the scale is pretty similar. They must have been pretty low. If you look at the chair, its half the height of the whole gun.... maybe that helps put the scale in perspective. I dont think there is a problem with them.

The equipment 13. SS deployed with was nearly brand new for a SS Gebirgs division. 7. SS was still using Czech LMGs and captured French tanks. They had a small number of MG42s even in 1944. They were making due with what they had because.
 _GOTOTOP