_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Trumpeter 05584 1/35 BMP-2
DerGeist
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 01:23 AM UTC
I'd rather have these tracks than the clickable tracks from the BMP-1 kit. Those things are a nightmare.

I know Stevens is an expensive distributor, but they list the kit as a November release at $70. Hope it's much cheaper elsewhere in the States...

Erik
Ellevenbravo
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 269 posts
Armorama: 261 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 02:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I foresee the am companies lining up. Interior aside, I do hope to see some indi tracks. I am liking the look of the 2, more than the selection of 3's

I thought I would have seen a plethora of AM stuff for the BMP-1 yet there has been hardly anything. I really thought someone would have released a resin interior as well but again... Nothing.
Gorizont
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 1,289 posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2014 - 08:19 PM UTC
Looks good, Trumpeter!
You´ve made a nice job - again!

greetings and thanks for sharing the images... and make it possible, for changes or corrections!

Soeren
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2014 - 10:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I foresee the am companies lining up. Interior aside, I do hope to see some indi tracks. I am liking the look of the 2, more than the selection of 3's

I thought I would have seen a plethora of AM stuff for the BMP-1 yet there has been hardly anything. I really thought someone would have released a resin interior as well but again... Nothing.

There are tons of am options for the various 3's.
ijozic
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2014 - 10:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

There are PE sets and such and I'm sure there will be for this one. But I think the original poster was referring to the fact that there are no resin interior sets for any of the new model kits. OK, BMP-3 has some simple interior, but it could definitely use an interior resin set.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2014 - 11:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

There are PE sets and such and I'm sure there will be for this one. But I think the original poster was referring to the fact that there are no resin interior sets for any of the new model kits. OK, BMP-3 has some simple interior, but it could definitely use an interior resin set.

Then, his argument is invalid. He should have stated that he wanted an interior. From the outside, the interior included in the the 3 is acceptable. I'm currently building a 3, using two interior etch sets and have very little to complain about. Unless a judge has a micro mirror and suitable light, it is easily passable.
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2014 - 03:26 AM UTC
I must agree... being a big BMP-1 fan this one has my attention.

Jeff
Ellevenbravo
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 269 posts
Armorama: 261 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 01:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Correct but in the big scheme of things, the BMP-3 is only out there in limited numbers, operated by a few countries. Given how widespread the -1 was used, I would have thought AM folks would be queuing up to flood the market with interiors, correction sets, PE sets, etc. Instead we have had next to nothing. Sad....
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 05:25 PM UTC
Well, there are some smaller conversions out there from SP Designs. There are some more conversions coming too.

But I get your point, why no interior? Well, for one thing, everyone expects that Trumpeter will eventually do one (true or not, people expect/worry they will). Two, to invest in making a interior for a kit like that would be an expensive, and somewhat risky, undertaking. Lot of money to drop into masters and casting for something a minority of builders really care about. And three, for every person who expresses interest in something they want, only about 10% actually purchase it. So, to sell out 50 sets of interior kitting, I need to get a interest rate of about 500. I ahve not seen that yet.

Do I want a BMP-1 interior? Absolutely. I just don't see the demand yet. Sorry. Wish Trumpeter had just done one off the bat, but the BMP-1 kit was a hacked up rush job compared to what the BMP-2 looks like.
Cookiescool2
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 273 posts
Armorama: 270 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 03:10 PM UTC
The gun canvas looks impressive, does anyone know if the gun will be able to be elevated and depressed?
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 07:01 PM UTC
Hi Everybody;

Guys; Ca-Mon ! You can only do so much if you Expect to keep the Price with-in limits. Even A After Market Company is only going too Invest so much time and money, and if the Appeal is not enough to take the Time to invest why bother. JDs point is Correct, there is just not enough call for it as of yet. Even the BMP-3 as nice as it is, there is A Ton of Details that need to be added too Really Make it Stand Out Interior Wise. On my BMP-3 I Spent about 30+ Additional Hours adding missing details to the Turret Basket alone, and even with All of the Hatches Opened Up there is just so much that you can see anyway. In the End, I had to Ask myself was it Worth it !
CHEERS; MIKE.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 02:41 AM UTC
I think part of the 'problem' here is that Trumpeter did do pretty full interiors with the BRDM and BTR kits and now we are spoiled..it looks like the MTLB will come with an interior and engine.

I really think Orichi (sp?? the folks issuing the other Bradley and interior) are onto something with the seperately issued interior kit.

I've been saying it for a while, issue a vanilla kit of a vehicle with plentiful variants, like a 251 or an M113 or a BMP 1-2-3 and then issue cheaper 'add on' kits. OOTB builders or closed hatch guys buy the base kit and are happy with it. Want to take it up a notch, no problem.

IDF inteior?, check
251/17?, check
BMP 2?, interior

Sort of what the aftermarket guys were doing all along, but these are designed by the same folks who made the base kit and it 'should' be a nearly drop fit. Not always something the resin guys had going for them.

My US$0.02, your mileage may vary.
Mike
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 12:53 AM UTC
floggerspam
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 06:39 AM UTC
$70.00 !!!!

Holy crap !
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 12:39 PM UTC
The only problem with "add-on" kits is that the detail you need to make them worthwhile requires a LOT of research and finesse in making them. They are more expensive on a hour-per-hour basis than the main model kit. Add in the fact that you will not sell as many add-on parts as you do the original kits, and you start to see why a company like Trumpeter has not done this. IF,and I say IF, Trumpeter decides to start paying attention to their BMP-1 line and bring out variant vehicles, I think then you may see a future BMP-1 kit with a interior.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 12:39 PM UTC
Hi Everyone;

I can only reply the same HOLY CRAP !! But if you have been Following the Prices of the New kits that are being released then this is about the Normal price that you can expect to see. And for A Kit with this much Detail then this is probably Low, Like everything else these days prices are only going to go up in price. Yea" 70.00 is Hard to Swallow, but you had better get used too it.

CHEERS; MIKE.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 02:14 AM UTC
For the price I hope they will give the both style of sprockets.
citroend
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 118 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 - 09:50 PM UTC
Overview BMP-2 from Trumpeter
http://citroend.blogspot.com/2014/12/2.html
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,465 posts
Armorama: 2,383 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 10:19 AM UTC
I just received this kit in the mail today. I gave $46.19 plus shipping at:

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Military_Vehicles/russian-bmp-2-ifv/TRP00005584/product.php?s=0&t=2&u=7,

Anyways, The Vinyl tracks are AWFUL! The rest of the kit is up to par, but im surprised about low quality of the tracks. ill get some Fruils for it ASAP!

Gary
ijozic
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 10:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Anyways, The Vinyl tracks are AWFUL! The rest of the kit is up to par, but im surprised about low quality of the tracks. ill get some Fruils for it ASAP!

Perhaps the Trumpeter will offer a separate kit of individual track links like they did for some of their vehicles.
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,465 posts
Armorama: 2,383 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 06:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Perhaps the Trumpeter will offer a separate kit of individual track links like they did for some of their vehicles.

Would be nice.
 _GOTOTOP