_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
'' Stubborn Emil resting '' - Trumpeter 1:35
hummingbird
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 120 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 10:02 PM UTC
Good day people ....

I feel good today. As you all know, I have a dissertation to write and I need to write at least 18000 words. Today, I have got up to 19087 words so, I'm actually feeling good. I just need to write a final conclusion, fix some words and sentences and some more touch ups and I should be ready to submit by the 11th of September. Therefore, I have decided to celebrate by finishing the photo shoot, editing the photos and launch another finished kit.

I have been working for this kit for quite some time now, it just got pushed back and back and finally managed to finished it.

I painted the entire thing in VMA German Grey. Since it was a mono-tone vehicle, I had a great time playing with the highlights and shadows.

The kit is build out of the box with the exception of the metal barrel, which was sourced from RB Model.

I bought a set of SPG rider crew from Mini-art and fixed the poses accordingly to fit on my Sturer Emil.

For the weathering, I wanted to show it used well enough but not entirely beat up so much from the Offensive during Operation Babarossa.

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos and bigger ones (4000X3000) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/stubborn-emil-resting-trumpeter-135.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Thank you for always supporting and for the kind words and various encouragements.

Until the next launch.
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,485 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2014 - 08:44 AM UTC
Hello Gary,

Very nice work!

Cheers,
Joe
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 08:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello Gary,

Very nice work!

Cheers,
Joe

Thank you sooo much sir
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 02:44 AM UTC
Hi Gary ... Very nice work sir.. I like the streaking and dirt on the lower hull.. If there was one thing it might be the way you have placed the gun.. it seems to take away from the most impressive part of the vehicle.. I know it was to get the figures to fit but with the big gun barrel sticking downward , you take away the majestic look of the vehicle. This is only my opinion of course and doesn't take anything away from the great build ..
Keep up the great work!

Rick
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 05:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Gary ... Very nice work sir.. I like the streaking and dirt on the lower hull.. If there was one thing it might be the way you have placed the gun.. it seems to take away from the most impressive part of the vehicle.. I know it was to get the figures to fit but with the big gun barrel sticking downward , you take away the majestic look of the vehicle. This is only my opinion of course and doesn't take anything away from the great build ..
Keep up the great work!

Rick

Awwww rick man .. you had to remind me of that one fact that I have tried so hard to forget ... As a fan of big guns myself, having to do this breaks my heart more than u know... T_T ... but what can I do... I had to give it a more relaxed state for everything to fit in ... '' sob ''
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 06:04 AM UTC
Good job ! I love this kit! It's cheap & the interior is fun to paint.
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 10:10 AM UTC

Hi Gary,

nice job there!! Congrats! And it helps taking your mind off certain things, doesn't it!

You could perhaps have opted for the black Panzeruniform or even a camo version of the Sturmgeschütz jacket and trousers for a little added colour variation!

Just a suggestion!!

Cheers

Romain

hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 07:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Gary,

nice job there!! Congrats! And it helps taking your mind off certain things, doesn't it!

You could perhaps have opted for the black Panzeruniform or even a camo version of the Sturmgeschütz jacket and trousers for a little added colour variation!

Just a suggestion!!

Cheers

Romain

Indeed.. taking your mind off stuffs is very helpful...

and I couldn't agree more with the unicorms but I have very little confidence in my figure painting skills so I just stayed in the comfort zone with just one colour. You are right and in the next WW2 build, I will definitely do that.

Many thanks for the suggestion Romain
 _GOTOTOP