_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Resignation
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 11:57 AM UTC
After much thought, I feel it is time I move away from moderating and leave it to those more "qualified" than I.
I do not choose to supply a specific answer at this time for my decision, nor do I choose to do it post haste. I would like to offer ample time, if needed for my replacement.
I have spent many an hour here doing all I can at my disposal to answer to the best of my knowledge and ability questions that until more recently are out of my scope.
I sincerely wish Armorama and all it's inhabitants the very best of this fine hobby.

Ken Fortier
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 12:02 PM UTC
Sorry to see you step down Ken. You've been around since the beginning and one of the "Old Guard". You'll always be the Link Meister.
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 12:27 PM UTC
good luck ken, and thanks for every thing you did for us and armorama
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 01:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry to see you step down Ken. You've been around since the beginning and one of the "Old Guard". You'll always be the Link Meister.

Ken already knows how I feel about his contributions and this decision. I wish him the best and hope he returns to the job of moderating a forum or two when the time is again right.

I don't ever want the volunteers on this site to feel their work here is a burden or unenjoyable. This is suppose to be fun or rewarding. So when it's not fun anymore I can understand perfectly if someone wants to let it go.

That said Ken is still the Link Meister as he only resigned as a moderator.

Long live Sir Kencelot!

Jim
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 02:16 PM UTC
`

Quoted Text

"......Sorry to see you step down Ken. You've been around since the beginning and one of the "Old Guard". You'll always be the Link Meister....."

I will also qoute Rob, for he says it most eloquently. You are indeed one of the 'Old Guard', and good or bad (for all of you), one of the main catalyst's for my return to Armorama and it's Forum's & membership....
To be honest I haven't seen enough of you as of late, but when I have, it has, as always, been in a supportive and positive role. Your presence here is part of the necessary balance...you want to keep us all 'balanced', don't you?
Look, I want you to stay right where you are. But if you feel it's best for YOU.........I guess that's more important than my personal feelings.

No matter what, you will always be a good friend and compadre', and a welcome presence at any table I'M sitting at!!

With any luck at all, NOONE (hint,hint) will step up to take your place. Then you'll be forced to stay right there Mister!........... :-)

Tread.

To the LINKMEISTER

BTW, I'm pretty sure I was the one to first call you by that name!............:-)
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 02:33 PM UTC
I don't want to embarass him, but Ken has had a tremendous impact on my modeling and probably doesn't even know it.

About a year or so ago, Ken personally advised me on how to improve my air brush painting techniques when I sent him pics of a little M8 I was struggling with. It just wasn't working out paint wise with what I was doing --- so Ken gave me some advice/tips on painting, some positive reinforcement, -- and started me on a path of paint techniques that I still use today.

Maybe it sounds corny, but I feel this guy pushed me to a new level with his advice, -- and I thank him for it. In my humble opinion, when Ken gives anyone here an "attaboy" you've accomplished something!

Remember his whitewashed Sherman with the snowfall??? --- It's a classic, --- as is he. Make sure you don't stay a stranger Ken.

Steve
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 02:58 PM UTC

.........well said Steve.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 05:34 PM UTC
I dont think you have to justify a reason at all, Ken. Everybody here appreciates what you did/do/will-do for the site. Thanks for all the help and contributions you have made over the last 3 years. I have always appreciated the "behind the scenes" work that is carried out on this site. Its so easy for us to come here and have a great time without ever thinking about how it all works. Good luck with your future plans!
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 07:23 PM UTC
Ken,

thanks for all the input in this site. It wouldn't have been the same without you !

Thanks !!!
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 08:26 PM UTC
Sorry to hear it Ken, but I respect your decision.
I hope to see you soon back in the "moderators pack"
Ciao
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 09:02 PM UTC
Ken... take a rest! I assume you will still be a visitor now and then, right? I know that once my moderator role was assumed by others, I began to "enjoy" the site a little more... like in the early days! Hope you find it the same....
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 10:12 PM UTC
All the best Ken,it is people like yourself,who make the world go round,and make life more enjoyable for the rest of us,my thanks.
Arthur
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 10:56 PM UTC
All we can do is to respect your decision Ken but you did great for us and this website since the beginning. Thanks for everything and please keep contact with us.
best regards
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
Armorama: 630 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 11:15 PM UTC
Ken, you will be missed, I'm sorry to hear of your decision, but I respect it. The moderators here are certainly unsung heros, which is what happens when things run so well. Hope you wont become a stranger, thanks for all you've done
Mal
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 11:29 PM UTC
Same here sorry to see you step down Ken!
But it is your decision to make!
So have a great new way of doing things.
Let your hair down!
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 02:14 AM UTC
Thanks for all of the help over the last year and a half Ken. Like we say at work, its BREAK TIME!!
Enjoy.

Shaun
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 07:20 AM UTC

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...
Your support was much appreciated, and we do hope that you'll stick around. You're part of the household, and I'd hate to miss you. I wish a heatlhy and fun 2004 to you and those that are dear to you.
Davhowell
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 268 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 08:02 AM UTC
Ken Thanks for all the things youve doen for Armorama and its members
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 08:07 AM UTC
Thanks for everything Ken - and - go build a model or two!

Gunnie
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 842 posts
Armorama: 607 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 09:00 AM UTC
"Yep...he's got that 'Thousand yard stare', .you get that when you been the the $h!T too long..

Welcome back to the fold Kencelot, and like Gunnie said, "Go build a model"

Now, about you being the linkmeister...email me your entire list before you erase it to make room for all the "scrapbooking idea links" your hiding from us...hehehe
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 12:11 PM UTC
Thank you all for your kind words.
I almost regret saying anything, because now I don't want to go. ( getting all sentimental now )

What I will do, is take a leave from moderating duties until sometime in the future, if Jim will still have a place for me.
I found I was spending far too much time sifting through posts that my personal modeling has taken a big hit. I have way too many models on the desk that are collecting dust instead of details.
I plan to sit back and smell some glue and paint, and hopfully get some exato cuts too.

PS: Tread, you are indeed the Link Meister namer. That is a duty I will not take a leave from.
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Armorama: 727 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 04:45 PM UTC
Thanks for always bein there Ken! I know that you have helped me post pics when all I got was that dreaded red X. Thanks again, and G-Luck!

~Chip :-)
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 05:55 PM UTC
Glad to hear that I will remain your "assistant". This site, like modelling, is supposed to be fun, so it may be good for you to take a step back for a bit. Your moderator shoes will be large ones to fill though. Get back to the fun and enjoyment that it's meant to be.
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 06:25 PM UTC
Thanks for all the help you have gievn us, and me, good luck to ya mate, cheers, ya still gonna be around here arent ya?
 _GOTOTOP