_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
[Gallery] M1113 GMV-S - Tamiya/Live Resin/PAM
kubisz
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 977 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 03:55 AM UTC
M1113 GMV-S, used by Green Berets, ODA 7112, Afghanistan 2010. The vehicle: base - Tamiya, wheels - DEF Model, electronic stuff - Pro Art Models. With a lot of Live Resin accessories. Figure: Legend with M4 replaced with SCAR and some Live Resin goodies added (I want to thank a lot to He-knows-who ). I apologize for possible factual errors - I'm not an expert on uniforms and personal gear. If any - please take it as a little bit sci-fi

WIP thread on Polish Humvee forum.

Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 07:34 AM UTC
I think it is your best Humvee so far, I can see it was a labour of love. Couple of questions...

How did you fit the IBIS bumper to Tamiya base kit? What did you use for the little black light on the front? I noticed all SF Humvees have that light, but not one conversion that I know of has the light in the set.

Nice work on the figure, I like it.

Mario

EDIT: disregard the questions, I just realized you used Bronco hood for the build.
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 08:01 AM UTC
Simply stunning work Kuba!!
aristeidis
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 621 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 09:59 AM UTC
Excellent work Kuba! Can you give us some more details about the doors? I suppose you used plastic sheets to make the extra armor on the outside side of each door. You placed these handmade parts on the kit's parts of doors. My question is how did you manage to reproduce all these little details around the front doors? Τhis excellent door contour?
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 12:46 PM UTC
The amount of details, extras, gear, and weapons really make this diorama look great and realistic. You did a fine job putting everything together.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 02:06 PM UTC
I give it two thumbs up if that means anything. Matte Black would be proud. His build log is on here somewhere.
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 07:45 PM UTC
Fantastic build Kuba.....the amount of little details is outstanding! Figure also came out very well (nothing sci-fi there) and the base with badges really suits it.
kubisz
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 10:03 PM UTC
Thank You very much for Your kind words

Quoted Text

How did you fit the IBIS bumper to Tamiya base kit?
EDIT: disregard the questions, I just realized you used Bronco hood for the build.

Yes, the whole front of model is taken from Bronco's M1114 Frag 5 kit. The engine hood fits to Tamiya's body very well.

Quoted Text

What did you use for the little black light on the front? I noticed all SF Humvees have that light, but not one conversion that I know of has the light in the set.

This is a gift from one of modellers from Polish forum, I don't remeber exactly where did it come from... I guess from Tamiya's Bradley.

Quoted Text

Can you give us some more details about the doors? I suppose you used plastic sheets to make the extra armor on the outside side of each door. You placed these handmade parts on the kit's parts of doors. My question is how did you manage to reproduce all these little details around the front doors? Τhis excellent door contour?

To make new doors I used Tamiya's kit's elements. Please take a look here:
http://humvee-models.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1263&start=10#p24444
http://humvee-models.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1263&start=20#p24687
http://humvee-models.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1263&start=20#p24701
I glued to them styrene sheets (0.75 mm and additionally 0.25 mm at front doors), drilled holes, and bolts are made of plastic rods.
aristeidis
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 621 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 10:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank You very much for Your kind words
To make new doors I used Tamiya's kit's elements. Please take a look here:
http://humvee-models.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1263&start=10#p24444
http://humvee-models.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1263&start=20#p24687
http://humvee-models.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1263&start=20#p24701
I glued to them styrene sheets (0.75 mm and additionally 0.25 mm at front doors), drilled holes, and bolts are made of plastic rods.

Thanks a lot for your reply! Already saw your built in the topic you added! I just wanted to confirm the thickness and the amount of the additional plastic sheets you used on Tamiya's parts! Excellent job! Congratulations for one more time!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 10:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

What did you use for the little black light on the front? I noticed all SF Humvees have that light, but not one conversion that I know of has the light in the set.

The light is simply an IR headlight as used on pretty much all AFVs. It looks the same as a standard, white-light headlight. Any headlight could be used to represent it by painting the lens gloss black (it is actually a very, very dark red, but looks black).

You can see the IR headlight on the inboard stations on this Aussie M113 below.
kubisz
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 10:45 PM UTC
Ditto, Gino, thanks Now I remember, that I've seen such lights in many models, f.e. in Tamiya's or Academys' M113s.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 12:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The light is simply an IR headlight as used on pretty much all AFVs. It looks the same as a standard, white-light headlight. Any headlight could be used to represent it by painting the lens gloss black (it is actually a very, very dark red, but looks black).

Cheers Gino! I was thinking the same thing... I have a M113 that didn't use this headlight, so I'll scratch the rest. BTW, most SF Humvees I have seen have the IR headlight slightly raised.

Mario
9504cheffy
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 129 posts
Armorama: 128 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 02:59 AM UTC
WOW !!! fantastic work my friend , this is outstanding . Well done !
Ultra_aussie
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 145 posts
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2014 - 07:28 AM UTC
That looks awesome Kuda! Very good work and great photos to show it off
 _GOTOTOP