_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Panther ausf. A Italeri 1:35
rodeo1
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 10:24 AM UTC
Italeri Panther with home made zimmerit made with Tamiya putty and modelers saw. Some scratch building with spare etched parts.
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2014 - 02:12 AM UTC
Hi Darko... Great to see this old kit built up .. We were all so happy to get a new Panther A way back when this kit came out .. We rarely ever see it built up . Great work on the zimmerit .. Your camo looks great. A little note for your next Panther A .. the two smaller pipes on the left side exhaust were air intakes and did not rust . (I too got caught with my first panther)
So good for you ,and welcome to Armorama.

Rick
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2014 - 03:31 AM UTC
I always liked the exhaust set up on the Panther A and you did a fantastic job. I'm looking at it and can't tell if you mean for it to be rusty or just red oxide(as it appears to me). The wear and tear on the spare tracks is especially well done. Did you use the kit tracks?
rodeo1
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2014 - 09:16 PM UTC
Thank you for your comments friends. Regarding the air intakes, I was unsure how to paint them as those intakes would absorb much heat from the exhaust and it seems they would rust the same way. Are there any photographic reference on this subject?

The tracks are indeed the vinyl ones from the box, I pinned them to get the notorious sag but the strain on them was so high that they snapped in four different places. Sewing thread and needle was used to repair them along with the drop of super glue. Those stitches remain hidden behind the shurtzen
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 01:27 AM UTC
Take a look half way down the page ..there is a picture of the Panther from the Saumur Museum ..
http://www.twenot-forums.nl/viewtopic.php?t=17899

Rick
 _GOTOTOP