_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
HobbyBoss 1/35 ZSD-90 IFV
hummingbird
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 120 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 10:18 PM UTC
I have another finished kit to share with you. and no, this is not the T-80 I have been building. Yes the T-80 is finished but I haven't got around to taking photo of it yet.

The entire kit was painted with Mr.Hobby Aqueous as it was the most closest and best colours for the PLA vehicles.

he paint scheme is obviously the digital camo from the 60th Anniversary Parade. The instruction do not show any example of the digi cam and I haven't seen videos of picture of the machine taking part in the parade or with this scheme but I wanted to paint it in the digi cam regardless. The vehicle number is my girlfriend's birthday, July 13.. well, my ex-girlfriend now as of since yesterday (Nov 11). Had I knew that this would happen, I would have put on a different number. Oh well, I guess we just can't foresee things. ''' sigh ''' . ( I'm ok.. well, trying to be ok.)

Much like the ZTZ-99, I used pre-cut masks. I just recycled the masks I used for the ZTZ-99 so as to save valuable masks.

I was going to build it absolutely weather free but I didn't like how it looks. While pin-washing it, an idea struck me - '' what if I weather it entirely with oil? '' and that's just what I did.

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos and bigger ones (4000X3000) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/hobbyboss-135-zsd-90-ifv.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Thank you for always supporting and for the kind words and various encouragements.

Until the next launch.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 10:55 PM UTC
A very nice looking vehicle. Good job on the weathering !
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 07:34 AM UTC
The digital camo looks great. You have done a really nice job.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 09:14 AM UTC
I can understand saving your masks. Digi camo is a pita. You have done a wonderful job. The weathering is spot on.
Armored76
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 1,615 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2014 - 07:44 PM UTC
Great job as always!!! Very well done!!!

On a side note, may I ask who designed your logo? It's awesome! I'm also looking for one for my images and the blog. Thanks!
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 11:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

A very nice looking vehicle. Good job on the weathering !

Thank you Olivier
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 - 12:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The digital camo looks great. You have done a really nice job.

Thank you so much sir. It was touch-and-go but lucky it came out presentable
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 - 12:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I can understand saving your masks. Digi camo is a pita. You have done a wonderful job. The weathering is spot on.

it is a PITA indeed. I tried putting them on manually 2 years ago and it was such a hassle. Since then, I bought a pre-cut mask and been recycling them again and again.

and thank you sir.
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 - 12:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great job as always!!! Very well done!!!

On a side note, may I ask who designed your logo? It's awesome! I'm also looking for one for my images and the blog. Thanks!

ahhh .. u are aware of my works. Thank you so much sir. This makes me very happy.

For the logo, i actually found a very nice outline somebody already made on the net, and used Photoshop to make a draft (with the ring around and bevel them and stuffs). It was one of my friend who finished it off with some nice colours and made it vibrant. For the life of me, I cannot remember which friend though .. LOL... it was made since 2011 so memories are a bit hazy ...
 _GOTOTOP