_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Dragon M51 Isherman
Tankbuff
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 83 posts
Armorama: 83 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 04:17 AM UTC
This is my first time posting photos here. Hope this works!
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 09:53 AM UTC
I just had to keep staring. Amazing work! In my state of being awestruck I did notice something. I thought the pry bar was metal.? I don't believe that wood could handle the stress.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 05:59 PM UTC
Great looking scene, everything blends so nicely.
Tankbuff
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 09:42 PM UTC
You are right Matt. I don't know how I missed that. Easy fix. And thanks for the comments!
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2014 - 12:25 AM UTC
Beautiful!! The tank & groundwork match perfectly. Using a sloped base really gives it a unique look. You can really see this rolling thru the Sinai.
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2014 - 08:03 PM UTC
Hi Jeff ... Excellent build ..good job . Oh and welcome to Armorama..

Rick
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 - 11:23 PM UTC
Beautiful tank and groundwork. Not a cringe factor on the whole thing either!

You guys have got me wanting to build one now too! Excellent work.

Jeff
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2014 - 02:39 PM UTC
Something else I was informed of is that the ends of the pry bar should are the brackets and should be the same color as the tank.
Homer0331
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 148 posts
Armorama: 148 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 - 02:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Something else I was informed of is that the ends of the pry bar should are the brackets and should be the same color as the tank.

Don't you think it's time to quit harping on details you yourself don't know anything about?

We get it, the pry bar is steel not metal. If you bothered to look close, instead of feeding your ego, you'd have seen the obvious, the brackets ARE the base color.

All in all this is a very very good build, it conveys the "look" correctly. The setting is exemplary.

Looking forward to more from you Jeff.

BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,465 posts
Armorama: 2,383 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 10:41 AM UTC
Thats a fine M51 right there Jeff....well done sir!
Tankbuff
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 10:18 PM UTC
Thank you!
Blespooky
Visit this Community
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
KitMaker: 277 posts
Armorama: 66 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 10:46 PM UTC
Ya, thats fun to look at, very good work Jeff, thanks for sharing.

Bryan,

P.S. hows that monopoly: US Army work?
Removed by original poster on 12/06/14 - 00:59:53 (GMT).
Tankbuff
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2014 - 06:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ya, thats fun to look at, very good work Jeff, thanks for sharing.

Bryan,

P.S. hows that monopoly: US Army work?

Never opened it. It just looks cool on the shelf in the man cave!
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 - 10:07 PM UTC
Welcome to the forum. (a little belatedly) It's a nice effort - thank you for posting it. Now I will "harp" on a few details myself, only to help make your next one even better.
In the third photo, it looks as if there's a definitely seam across the top of the barrel. A Flexi File helps, but is not absolutely necessary. You can roll simple barrels like that one around in a bend of wet/dry sandpaper io insure you're not flattenign it out. In fact, when i open a new kit, the first thing I usually do it cement the barrel haleves together, with a liberal amount of cement, so that a little plastic/cement goo might even ooze out. If you do this first, by the time it's time to get to the barrel, the cement has cured and you can work the barrel right away. In the same photo, there are sinkholes in the headlights. They're hard to get rid of convincingly. You can still drill them out though, and replace them with MV lenses, available from Walther's or the train section of your hobby shop.
As for the much discussed pry bar, looking closely at it reveals what are called knock out pin marks - thosecircular divots. In this case they've actually squashed out some plastic on either side. In the future, look for those marks. Fill them with putty (I like CA glue as it sets instantly) and trim off any excess bumps like on your bar, and you builds will improve immensely.
Tankbuff
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 10:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome to the forum. (a little belatedly) It's a nice effort - thank you for posting it. Now I will "harp" on a few details myself, only to help make your next one even better.
In the third photo, it looks as if there's a definitely seam across the top of the barrel. A Flexi File helps, but is not absolutely necessary. You can roll simple barrels like that one around in a bend of wet/dry sandpaper io insure you're not flattenign it out. In fact, when i open a new kit, the first thing I usually do it cement the barrel haleves together, with a liberal amount of cement, so that a little plastic/cement goo might even ooze out. If you do this first, by the time it's time to get to the barrel, the cement has cured and you can work the barrel right away. In the same photo, there are sinkholes in the headlights. They're hard to get rid of convincingly. You can still drill them out though, and replace them with MV lenses, available from Walther's or the train section of your hobby shop.
As for the much discussed pry bar, looking closely at it reveals what are called knock out pin marks - thosecircular divots. In this case they've actually squashed out some plastic on either side. In the future, look for those marks. Fill them with putty (I like CA glue as it sets instantly) and trim off any excess bumps like on your bar, and you builds will improve immensely.

Robert, I think what you are seeing on the barrel is a reflection from the light. The rest of the items you pointed out I have fixed on the model. Thanks for your input!
 _GOTOTOP