_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Trumpeter 1/35 T-80BVD
hummingbird
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 120 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 04:55 AM UTC
Good day to you dear readers.. Hope you readers having a good day and all is well with you guys.

This is the T-80 that I have been building so slowly for about 2 months. Finally took some times off to take photos of this.

I have purposely taken off the fuel drums as I think this baby looks better without them. I also took off the cables ... well.. just because. I have no reason for taking off the tow cables LOL.

For the Colours, I used Tamiya Dark Green XF-70, Vallejo Air Black and Mr. Colour Aqueous Aircraft Gray H57.

For weathering, I kept the entire vehicle clean, free of chippings and collected dust. Since this is a prototype ( according to what I have read at Armorama ), I wanted to put this in a scenario where they are testing out performance with the diesel engine on a relatively new vehicle.

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos and bigger ones (4000X3000) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/trumpeter-135-t-80bvd-freak-version-of.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Thank you for always supporting and for the kind words and various encouragements.

Until the next launch.
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 06:29 AM UTC
Beautiful job! I like the camo scheme.
doppelganger
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 557 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 11:56 AM UTC
Your work is excellent however the photos are subpar I have the same problem you have a pro take pics of your model and it looks a lot better here.I have come to the conclusion that know matter how skilled you are at model building that is only half the challenge of presenting fine work on this forum.
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 01:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Your work is excellent however the photos are subpar I have the same problem you have a pro take pics of your model and it looks a lot better here.I have come to the conclusion that know matter how skilled you are at model building that is only half the challenge of presenting fine work on this forum.

I couldn't agree more .. not just this forum .. literally everywhere .. I been having problems with lighting which makes the photo come out very fuzzy even after I played around with the lighting on Photoshop.

I guess I'm just gonna have to grit my teeth and invest in a pair of good lamps. It's so hard to take good photos during the winter here in the UK...
spoons
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 527 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 03:32 PM UTC
Nice build and not bad photos, i find a decent tripod and using deph of field is key to good photos.
One trick i use is to make sure back ground and foreground is in focus, check out the amount of photos on model sites were the barrel end is in focus but the turret is way off and visa versa.
spoons
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 527 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 03:36 PM UTC
Well just been on your blog the photos are fine, maybe post the best one's on forums to get members to visit your blog?
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 09:57 PM UTC
Well.. I don't know what's going on anymore.. LOL

I do know the pictures for this particular build are fuzzy. Especially when zoomed in.

Maybe it's photobucket that reduced the photo quality. I don't know ...

and no.... I take a lot of photos ( and as you can see, I write a whole freaking essay LOL) and I don't want to make a habit of posting too long a forum post and slow up the loadings for people. Best picture or worst.. I'm not sure.. I just put on some photos I like and voila .... been posting like this for years now ..
 _GOTOTOP