_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Takom 1/35 KV-5; A beautiful, humongous freak
hummingbird
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 120 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 03:02 PM UTC
Hello all and all hello. How have your Decembers been so far? Good? Christmas shopping done? Don't leave it to the last minutes folks.

I'm sure you all are aware that I am building a quick dual build of the KV-5 and the JS-4.Well, I have finished both of them. I will do a finished post for each separately so let's start with the KV-5 shall we?

For weathering, I kept the entire upper part of the vehicle clean, free of chippings and collected dust. Since this is paper panzer ( well technically it's not a panzer but meh), I wanted to put this in a scenario where they are testing out performance of a relatively new prototype. Instead of mud, I did my best to put on small amount of caked earth/soil effect on the tracks and on the chassis.

For the colours, I used a variety of brands and mixing and matching them.

( BTW, is it just me or does photobucket makes the photo even more fuzzy? )

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos and bigger ones (4000X3000) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/takom-135-kv-5-beautiful-humongous-freak.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Thank you for always supporting and for the kind words and various encouragements.

Until the next launch.
Vista85
Visit this Community
Bergamo, Italy
KitMaker: 118 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 03:47 PM UTC
Really nice job on your KV-5
Modulation is well done and makes the model tridimensional.
I can't see clear in the pictures, but maybe some metallic pigments on road wheels tread can be useful

Regards
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 08:21 PM UTC
Looks pretty nice, Gary. The Soviets sure had a thing for huge turrets, didn't they.
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2015 - 05:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Really nice job on your KV-5
Modulation is well done and makes the model tridimensional.
I can't see clear in the pictures, but maybe some metallic pigments on road wheels tread can be useful

Regards

Thank you sir. In all honesty, i have no idea how to do modulation, I just experimented and it turned out this way.

About the wheels, there actually were given polished steel effect on the surface and along the tracks. It just don't show well one the stupid pictures because of the horrible winter day lighting.

Thank you
hummingbird
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2015 - 05:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks pretty nice, Gary. The Soviets sure had a thing for huge turrets, didn't they.

Indeed they do bob... thank you for your kind words
alchemymike
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 208 posts
Armorama: 192 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2015 - 06:50 AM UTC
nice job.... starting mine soon
Mike
 _GOTOTOP