_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
1/72 ARMO SCUD
BravoTwoZero
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 370 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 04:21 AM UTC
Hello everyone,

Here are some pictures of my work on my ARMO SCUD. After applying various shades of Mig Productions filters and letting it dry, the next weathering stage was pre-moistening the model with AK Interactive White Spirit and then applying AK Interactive Dark Brown Wash. After waiting for about 20 minutes to let the Wash bite, I used White Spirit to tone down the wash. After about two days, I applied Mig Productions' Abteilung Oil Shadow Brown for the shadows and then Windsor & Newton Cadmium Yellow Hue for highlights. For additional weathering, I also used Abteilung Earth Color for some subtle dusting to areas closer to the ground. The wheels received a Vallejo Dark Earth Wash. Here are the results so far:

My next goal is to apply various shades of pigments for additional weathering. That's it for now. Let me know what you think and thanks for looking!

Joseph
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 04:51 AM UTC
Joseph, well, I like it. If you want suggestions, maybe the tyres could do with something to bring out the tread a little, and also to differentiate the color / dirt of the road contact part relative to the side walls.
But otherwise it seems good to me; the dusting near the ground certainly is subtle, but that's fair enough.
BravoTwoZero
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 370 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 05:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Joseph, well, I like it. If you want suggestions, maybe the tyres could do with something to bring out the tread a little, and also to differentiate the color / dirt of the road contact part relative to the side walls.
But otherwise it seems good to me; the dusting near the ground certainly is subtle, but that's fair enough.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your feedback. That's exactly my goal with the next stage of weathering. I would like to make the threads more pronounced using pigments. This is still WIP process and it'll be my first time to use pigments, so I hope I can make it look good.

Joseph
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 05:32 AM UTC
It's looking very good, so far. The pin wash is near perfect. Some mud/dirt should finish it off, nicely.
 _GOTOTOP