_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Problem with uploading pictures in gallery
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 01:03 AM UTC
Ola Guys

Have been absent for a bit due to various reasons. With my return I wanted to upload some of my more recent work into my gallery folder but somehow it won't do it. Everything works till I hit submit. It loads for a little while and then goes to a page telling me that page cannot be reached.
I've tried it with Chrome and IE and the message is the same.

I read on various places that the site was offline due to a server switch or something and was wondering if this might be an effect of that. Are more people experiencing problems similar like this?
BigSmitty
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 597 posts
Armorama: 439 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 01:39 AM UTC
Robert,

I had the same issues. I found that following this after selecting the album to upload to and then the photos (with the multiple upload option) follow the two steps outlined in the picture below:

Hopefully that helps. The gallery was offline most of yesterday, however, but I was able to upload last night.

I should also say that I use Firefox exclusively, so not sure on Chrome or Internet Explorer.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 01:48 AM UTC
Ola Matt

I went back to the gallery upload to see how and what... I already used that submit button in my tries before and that box is always unchecked. Still no success in uploading.
Dragon164
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,909 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 09:06 AM UTC
I get this:

The category you chose for this photo can't contain photos.

I'm uploading the way I normally do.

Cheers Rob.
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 1,383 posts
Armorama: 1,281 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 11:23 AM UTC
I had to resize photos with the Microsoft paint software to reduce the file size on some of mine after I got the same error message. Somehow the website could not swallow my 6 Gb files! lol! Good luck
 _GOTOTOP