_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon Prices???????
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 09:37 PM UTC
My buddy has this kit for sale at $59 CAD
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 03:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

PS -
"I think you've got the wrong end of the stick, here. If Dragon revised each set of molds to exclude unneeded parts every time they offered a new variant of an existing subject, you'd actually end up paying more, not less."

***That's what the Cyber-Hobby White Box is - a Dragon kit with not extra's".

The Cyber Hobby White Box kits are high-priced, "Limited Edition," short-run kits. If they are popular enough, they are sometimes resurrected as standard Dragon kits, like the Panther Ausf. F.
The budget-priced Cyber Hobby Orange Box kits are Dragon (or Gunze Sangyo) kits without the photo etch and metal barrels. However, they are still chock-full of extra plastic parts for the reasons previously given. For instance, the Orange Box M4A4 Sherman still includes the engine deck and lower tail plate and exhaust parts for the M4A2 (which is handy if you want to upgrade another manufacturer's M4A2 or M10 kit).
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 05:03 AM UTC
There have been a few kits I wanted but didn't buy right away, and later they went out of production and became generally unavailable, exept at exhorbitant prices. But much more often, I impatiently rushed out to buy a new vehicle or airplane as soon as it reached our shores, and paid much more than I could have if I'd only waited.
 _GOTOTOP