_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
DML Panther G Late
brucca111
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 184 posts
Armorama: 183 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 - 06:17 PM UTC
Good morning everyone. This is my panther G late by DML and the tracks come from kaizen. Its almost done, eventually I will treat the road wheels and maybe i will even finish it by summer. lol. Please feel free to comment.

http://bruccanyc.blogspot.com/
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 - 06:29 PM UTC
Very nice, Nicholas. Thanks for sharing your pics. A few items that I noticed: your roadwheels could use a little dirt/dust/mud? They seem starkly bright in comparison to the rest of the upper hull. Also, know that in practice, metal tow cables were kept meticulously free of rust (not the ends which you've banged up nicely) -- but the cable itself. Otherwise wear/damage/fraying could be missed -- leading to a very dangerous situation. Cables were cleaned with oily rags constantly. You've done a great job showing wear on the sprocket and roadwheel rims -- maybe take a pencil to the track teeth as well?

Hope this helps.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 - 06:31 PM UTC
Looks like you don't have too much more to do.Camo is good,I like your fading,and you even got the worn metal on the face of the inner road wheels.Looking forward for the completion.
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 - 07:12 PM UTC
Really nice job, Nicholas!! I've been wondering about those Kaizen tracks after seeing them on ebay. How were they to work with??
brucca111
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 184 posts
Armorama: 183 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 - 10:31 PM UTC
In regards to the kaizen tracks, it involved a lot of clean up and you have to securely glue the guide horns in place because they have a tendency of popping off once completed. However, for the price and the fact that they really do work I do like the tracks.

Thanks for viewing and commenting.

Nicholas
 _GOTOTOP