_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
destroyed Sturmgeschutze 3
PanzerFoto
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 54 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2004 - 06:59 AM UTC
Hello,

I'm currently busy building my first meant-to-be totally destroyed model. It's the Dragon kit with Tamiya parts (for example roof and front horizontal plate). I used some Aber parts as well but for the most i used foil and scrap plastic. The zimm is done with putty. The concrete armor is done with plaster. The engine is by Calibre35 and although expensive very nice. It's the first time i used large resin parts, and although i had some problems it turned out well.

Here are a few shots, there are more on my new URL: PanzerFoto.nl please feel free to visit.

animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2004 - 08:34 AM UTC
WOW! This should be something when you finish it. Are you going to put in in a dio? Is it based on any photos of an actual destroyed vehicle? It looks cool.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2004 - 08:58 AM UTC
This is one of those projects that I've always wanted to do but was afraid to try.
My only question is about the zimmerit remaining on the vehicle intact. I've seen photos of destroyed tanks with chunks or patches of their zimmerit broken off from the blast. Do you plan to do the same?
Looking great so far.
yenc
Visit this Community
Harju, Estonia
KitMaker: 23 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2004 - 11:11 AM UTC
Looks great.!!!!
Is it based on a photo ?
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2004 - 11:42 AM UTC
I like the effect,
Are the sprockets going to be near or on the final drives?
Where was the initial shot that caused the destruction?
Why are all of the engine covers open?Was there an attempt at recovery?
Is this a just occured situatuion,or has the wreck been sitting for weeks/months/years?

AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2004 - 04:11 PM UTC
The last picture shows the engine deck at an angle to the rest of the vehicle without any bent metal. This is to e only shot that does not ring true. The rest is looking good, so far.
PanzerFoto
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 54 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2004 - 10:04 PM UTC
HI guys,

Thanks for the good comments.

Animal & Yenc: it'll be on a simple base, no fogures just the vehicle. It's not build after a specific photo but i did study all the photos i have of destroyed StuGs.

Kencelot: the zimm is mostly still on the vehicle, at the back hidden of the engine. There are some hits at the back of the engine compartment that left portions of the armour bare of zimm as well as on some other small places.

TankCarl: the sprockets are blown away from there housings, and will be out of the picture. The initial shot might have been in the mantlet but perhaps also at the back. All the engine covers are open because the engine block blew up, the end model will show a vehicle recently destroyed.

AJLaFleche; there is alot of bent metal actually, but not everything occurs according to expectations i quess.

Thanks again
 _GOTOTOP