_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/35 Cyber-hobby Jagdpanzer IV L/48
JackG
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 172 posts
Armorama: 122 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 02:47 AM UTC
This is a build that was influenced somewhat by the well known photos of the captured Lehr vehicle 313, and combined with the historical account of Lieutenant Werner, acting commander of the first company Panzerjäger-Lehr-Abteilung 130. On June 10 1944, his formation was called upon to engage five British tanks that breached a command post just west of Tilly. The vehicle presented here though, is prior to this action, perhaps still on it's way to the front.

regards,
Jack
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 03:10 AM UTC
Jack, there's some things I really like about this. You included tree branch camouflage - something that most shy away from, I think, because it is difficult, but it is highly authentic for the time and place. The inclusion of the figures, they actually do look like they are engaging with each other. The bucket - always seems to be a bucket in the wartime photos after all, every kit should come with a bucket; what else are the crewmen going to cr*p in? And brilliant photo editing on that first shot - it looks stunning!
ChrisJohnson
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 03:44 AM UTC
Exceptionally fine modelling on display here Jack, and that first image is superb.

Cheers,

Chris
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 05:47 AM UTC
That first photo looks like something from a movie. Those figures are outstanding!! And I like the tank, too. A really well done scene!!
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 05:56 AM UTC
Outstanding work -- thanks for sharing! Really like how the first pic was composed -- awesome!. Cheers
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 06:00 AM UTC
Hi Jack, I echo the comments above. That branch camo is outstanding ... and you already know I like the figures!

Congratulations!

—mike
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 08:35 AM UTC
Absolutely fantastic. Painting and weathering are first class. The figures are so realistic. This is one of the best (IMHO) vignettes/ dioramas that I have seen on this site. This is why I come here and support Armorama. I don't have the talent to create something this nice. Congratulations.

Jeff
Phael_minis
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 208 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 11:25 AM UTC
Very realistic work!
What have you used for the branch camo? I would like to try one on my jagdpanzer IV lang.
Sean50
Visit this Community
Manche, France
KitMaker: 340 posts
Armorama: 328 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 02:35 PM UTC
Hello there,

This is excellent. Well done!

Can I suggest something, though? Not the model itself but the first image. If you increase the size of the vehicle/figures a bit, in relation to the background photo, it would give an even more dramatic view of the confines of the small lanes and roads in the bocage. A lot of the smaller road around here aren't really much wider than the Jagdpanzer itself.
Just a thught and not at all a criticism.
I wish I had your talent.

Cheers,

Sean
JackG
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 172 posts
Armorama: 122 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 07:49 PM UTC
Matthew Lenton, Chris Johnson, Jack Heintzleman, Tat Baqui, Mike Freeman, Jeff C., RaphaelB., and Sean - thank you everyone for the positive feedback.

@ Matthew Lenton - the foliage, yes the only reservation I had in using it (and am sure other modelers experience this), was that it covers up the few markings as well as the zimmerit surfaces. Thanks for the low down on the bucket, I have always wondered about it. So it's official Wehrmacht issue port-o-pottie ... lol!

@ RaphaelB - the branch camou is a natural organic product from JoeFix Studio, item#113
http://www.joefix-studio.be/producten.asp?groep=100

I did give the leaves a light spray of olive green paint, followed by an umber wash on the main branches.

@ Sean - appreciate the suggestion, and fully agree that a setting with a smaller road would give a different impact. I could enlarge the jagdpanzer and crew, but it would not look right because they would dwarf the vegetation/trees. Trust me, I spent some time scaling the vehicle to the background, and what I had arrived at as presented here, is what looked most natural. Ideally, to try the narrow road look would require finding a more appropriate backdrop photo that has an actual narrow road.

regards,

Jack
Phael_minis
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 208 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2015 - 09:06 AM UTC
Thak you I will try to get some.
 _GOTOTOP