_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Vietnam
For Vietnam diorama subjects or techniques.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Search and destroy
Christian1970
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 25 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 07:53 PM UTC
This is my second diorama. I started last year in april and finished it this week. The frame will be painted black in the next few days. But I hope you like this diorama anyway.
The two bamboo cabins are handmade. I used differend material I found in a 1€ store. A beach dutch mat for example. Some cuts later I had a roof.
The runway was builed with McDonalds coffee rods.
The palmtree is wood, cord and paper. The plants and the decals are from mecModels. They are from the Netherlands and they have fantastic stuff only for Vietnam dioramas.
The Pibber is the Tamiya kit,the VC boats are from Verlinden and the figures from different companies. Dragon, Tamiya, Verlinden, Masterbox ...
I mixed the weapons and all the stuff in the diorama from different companies also.
The casting resin I used is from Rayhers.
Enjoy the pics. Hope you like the diorama.

americanpanzer
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 542 posts
Armorama: 539 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 08:42 PM UTC
wow! amazing dio! great detail!! very cool
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 08:47 PM UTC
Herzlichen Willkommen!

That's a heck of a diorama. I really like it. One of the details that strikes me the most is the incendiary grenades strapped to the radio on the ALICE frame. Not many people would have thought of that, and it is indeed something we do.
I hope we see more of your work in the future.

MfG
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 08:48 PM UTC
Very nice concept and well put together.
J
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 01:06 AM UTC
Another cool dio!! There's a lot going on here and all the activity is blended really well.
oliver
Visit this Community
Beersheba, Israel
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 84 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 02:06 AM UTC
Very nice and great attention to detail,love the decals on the PBR what is there source or are these hand painted?
alchemymike
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 208 posts
Armorama: 192 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 03:49 AM UTC
WOW...lots of detail and lots of story!!
way cool..
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 05:35 AM UTC
I love how this story draws me in, uncovering more and more elements with every view. Very nicely done!

—mike
Christian1970
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 09:08 AM UTC
@Oliver Some decals by http://www.mecmodels.com/ and the war peace hell decal is an old dry decal by Verlinden.
Christian1970
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 09:10 AM UTC
Thanks a lot for your positive feedback
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Armorama: 1,339 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 10:49 AM UTC
Wonderful work. Thanks for sharing.
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 05:21 PM UTC
Great work! nice layout that looks ver realistic and tells a good story.

thanks for sharing
ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 726 posts
Armorama: 687 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 07:55 PM UTC
Very nice job for this being only your second diorama. Lots of good poses in regards to the figures. Good job on all of the small details. One suggestion for future projects would be to tone down on the amount of graffiti on boats and vehicles. Although graffiti and variations of art were present on some vehicles and aircraft you have to keep in mind that they are military equipment and a certain amount of military bearing still had to be maintained. Do some research on the unit you are depicting and see how their stuff was marked. On a PBR, I doubt you would find any with this much graffiti on it. The unit's Master Chief would go ballistic if he saw one of the vessels he was responsible for with that much graffiti on it. Use moderation when applying graffiti in the future.
I really like the huts you made. Keep up the great work on your models and figures, do some deeper research, and create some awesome dioramas in the future.
Cheers,
James

Christian1970
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 08:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice job for this being only your second diorama. Lots of good poses in regards to the figures. Good job on all of the small details. One suggestion for future projects would be to tone down on the amount of graffiti on boats and vehicles. Although graffiti and variations of art were present on some vehicles and aircraft you have to keep in mind that they are military equipment and a certain amount of military bearing still had to be maintained. Do some research on the unit you are depicting and see how their stuff was marked. On a PBR, I doubt you would find any with this much graffiti on it. The unit's Master Chief would go ballistic if he saw one of the vessels he was responsible for with that much graffiti on it. Use moderation when applying graffiti in the future.
I really like the huts you made. Keep up the great work on your models and figures, do some deeper research, and create some awesome dioramas in the future.
Cheers,
James

You're right James. But the PBR was my decal test object. I tryed dry and wet decals on it. Without decals or graffiti the PBR looks naked to me.
Chapman
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 203 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 09:53 PM UTC
Great story and interaction between the figures! Love the details and the variety of things going on without anything overpowering the composition.
spoons
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 527 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 10:19 PM UTC
will start with the bad.. the eyes on figures little too big but that will come with practice.
The tiger stripe is well done and the red NAM earth is best I've seen in a diorama, well done.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 06:03 AM UTC
Sehr Schoen! Gut gemacht. Very nice work on this diorama.
This really tells a story and all of the elements are tied in well together.

Jeff
Christian1970
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 09:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

will start with the bad.. the eyes on figures little too big but that will come with practice.
The tiger stripe is well done and the red NAM earth is best I've seen in a diorama, well done.

I can't paint eyes. I'm happy the eyes didn't look like the eyes in japanese animes. I hope the eyes will be better.
Thanks
 _GOTOTOP