_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Asuka Model M4 Sherman
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 - 07:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

They're completly overpriced. Tasca's Shermans have very finely detailed and accurate injection moulded parts. and little else going for it. Tech wise they resemble late 90s Dragon kits, with a missing gun breach, halfed barrels but no rifling, 2 part belt track that can't be glued with cement, a mix of clear and opaque parts for lenses, flat pack hulls and simplified all plastic clamps. The Japanese price is fine [euqivalent to £31] considering what you get, but of course with transport cost and those brain dead import fees it can be hard not to add an excessive amnount of "baggage" to RRP on the way.

If you call buildability , flawless assembly and correct intructions little else then so be it. Which DML Shermans have gun breeches? I have to ask have you built one and the corresponding DML kit?
Al
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 - 09:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Now, if only they would do the M4 105 and the late M4A1 76, I would have the last T/A kits on the wish list.

The DML M4 105 is an excellent kit and one of their better Sherman kits. I'd love to see an Asuka one but until that the DML one is very good.
Al

I have the DML M4 105. I heard it was a good one so I got it. Once T/A has the turret, the possibilities.
 _GOTOTOP