_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Where can I find the Trakz RSO cargo cover?
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 11:38 PM UTC
Does anyone have any idea as to where I can get a Trakz Armor resin cargo cover for the Italeri Steyer RSO? I believe Trakz is a Verlinden company...but I've had no luck with VLS, eBay or any of the online hobby shops.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 - 12:06 AM UTC
Jeff-- why buy one? You can easily create one using the model's canopy braces, some diluted white glue, and facial tissue. Looks very realistic and you save $20.
My two cents
DJ
Grindcore
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 389 posts
Armorama: 358 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 - 12:18 AM UTC

Trakz was a Warriors/Squadron product line, I think that they're finished though. Check Squadron to see if they might still have it.
OldWarloke
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 2,663 posts
Armorama: 2,649 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 - 12:41 AM UTC
Lucky Model has the DEF Models # DM35017 RSO Tractor Canvas Cover . It's for the Dragon Kit. Their Price is $23.99 U.S. Dollars it comes with FREE Shipping , and they have 2 left in stock.
Hope this helps.
Lucky Donald
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 - 12:43 AM UTC
Thanks guys.
DJ- I guess I'll have to try the white glue and tissue method. I've tried it before and it didn't turn out so well....but that was about 35 years ago!

Jimmy- Squadron doesn't have it either.

I just thought that since I am a lot better off than I was back then, that I would just buy one...I did get the Modelkasten track set for it. A lot of work but very realistic.

Thanks again,

Jeff
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 - 12:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Lucky Model has the DEF Models # DM35017 RSO Tractor Canvas Cover . It's for the Dragon Kit. Their Price is $23.99 U.S. Dollars it comes with FREE Shipping , and they have 2 left in stock.
Hope this helps.
Lucky Donald

Thanks Donald. I'll check that out.

Jeff
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 - 01:04 AM UTC
Well fellas...I took the easy way out and ordered the DEF models kit from Lucky Model. I guess laziness won out over fiscal responsibility. Thanks again for your replies.

Jeff
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 - 01:48 AM UTC
I'm afraid you'll have some fitting problems...

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/def-model/dm35017.html

H.P.
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 - 03:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well fellas...I took the easy way out and ordered the DEF models kit from Lucky Model. I guess laziness won out over fiscal responsibility. Thanks again for your replies.

Jeff

Jeff-- best of luck, let us know how you make out
DJ
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 - 10:56 PM UTC
I really love these little schleppers and their variants!

It would be nice to see what you do with your build, so please post images of your WIP. Here's hoping the tarp fit issue isn't too problematic.

Cheers!

—mike
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 06:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm afraid you'll have some fitting problems...

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/def-model/dm35017.html

H.P.

Thanks Frenchy...I should have done my homework...I guess this is a good time to practice my scratchbuilding skills and make a white glue and tissue paper cover for my Italeri kit, and buy a new Dragon RSO!!!! A win / win situation. I love it when a plan comes together....my wife...not so much.

Jeff
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 12:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Lucky Model has the DEF Models # DM35017 RSO Tractor Canvas Cover . It's for the Dragon Kit. Their Price is $23.99 U.S. Dollars it comes with FREE Shipping, and they have 2 left in stock.

Quoted Text

Well fellas...I took the easy way out and ordered the DEF models kit from Lucky Model. I guess laziness won out over fiscal responsibility.

Hey Jeff,

I think you'll get a laugh out of this ... I ordered the other one!

—mike

Bodeen
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 01:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Lucky Model has the DEF Models # DM35017 RSO Tractor Canvas Cover . It's for the Dragon Kit. Their Price is $23.99 U.S. Dollars it comes with FREE Shipping, and they have 2 left in stock.

Quoted Text

Well fellas...I took the easy way out and ordered the DEF models kit from Lucky Model. I guess laziness won out over fiscal responsibility.

Hey Jeff,

I think you'll get a laugh out of this ... I ordered the other one!

—mike

That is funny Mike,

Are you going to use it with an Italeri or Dragon RSO? I'm looking for for a Dragon Steel Cab version now but they are waaaaaay over priced. I'll just hold on to the resin cover and see if I can't find a Dragon kit down at the Three Rivers IPMS show next spring.Good luck with your RSO.

Jeff
jrutman
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 02:11 AM UTC
Just more food for thought. This idea will help you with building other cool add ons for your vehicles. Try rolling out epoxy putty really thin and using it instead of tissue. It takes a bit to get used to but worth it. I finally broke down and tried it and it looks better than tissue cause it's smoother.
Just sayin'
J
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 05:04 AM UTC
I purchased the DML RSO/01 Type 470 Tractor (6691) for a descent price from a fellow Armorama member thinning-out his stash. I’ve got other irons in the fire so I don’t really know when I’ll get around to it — very slooooow builder here. I was kinda’ hoping you would school me by leading the way!

And what Jerry said is so true … the epoxy putty really looks the part … that is, once you overcome which brand(s) to buy, formulas, curing times and sculpting techniques. However, sometimes I just need a quick fix and for a piece as large as the canvas cover, I decided to stimulate the economy and spring for the AM. In addition, I’ve been very happy with DEF Model products in the past.

Cheers!

—mike
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 - 10:45 AM UTC
I received my DEF.Model RSO Cover today, but when I opened the lightly padded mailing envelope I found the manufacturer’s box was crushed on three corners! Fortunately, the finely cast resin parts were completely intact — got "lucky" this time!

C’mon overseas sellers, you can do a better packing job than that!

—mike
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 07:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I received my DEF.Model RSO Cover today, but when I opened the lightly padded mailing envelope I found the manufacturer’s box was crushed on three corners! Fortunately, the finely cast resin parts were completely intact — got "lucky" this time!

C’mon overseas sellers, you can do a better packing job than that!

—mike

DITTO...same problem...the DEF cover wasn't damaged but easily could have been. They did a poor job of packing it. BUT..now I have my RSO and canvas cover. I'm looking forward to getting started.

Jeff
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 09:01 AM UTC
Glad to hear everything worked out okay.

Just to be on the safe side, you might want to do a parts check on the DML RSO. There was a recent instance where DML forgot to include the lower hull tub. Fortunately, the problem is being resolved. Regardless, I'm checking all the kits in my stash after hearing that!

Looking forward to your build!

Cheers!

—mike
 _GOTOTOP