_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tamiya M551 Sheridan (Straight build) MERDC
Crottykid16
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 50 posts
Armorama: 48 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 06:06 AM UTC
Just finished with the building and primary painting. No weather really yet. I was very happy with the look of this and have to do a few more things but was so excited with the end results I want to share!

Keep in mind, this was a straight build and a practice model almost with using an airbrush for most of the hull and turret. As well the Vinyl track was already tight enough to snap on me once and was repaired with some thin wire, this resulted in no track sag though as well, that I would need to go buy some aftermarket tracks that I didn't want to commit to on this build. As well the display stand/mini diorama is a cheap kit I bought to create a simple scene nothing special just added a small bit.

I have never done a camouflage pattern as well. I know this isn't the most accurate Sheridan but I was going for just making the kit look good at the end of the day with a good camo job and the accessories nicely added.

I do plan to add weather, and antenna's at a later date but for now I may just shelf it with its display stand a very happy builder (this is my kit #2 so far)

For your viewing pleasure I now present the M551 Sheridan as done by CK16!

andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 07:17 PM UTC
looks good, nice job.
BMCTomcat
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2015 - 05:01 AM UTC
nice camo scheme ..
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2015 - 04:22 PM UTC
The tracks and camo are quite well done. Be prepared to experiment, when it comes to dirtying it up. After 10 years back at it, I am still learning new weathering techniques. I always had a soft spot for this tank, but never managed to finish it. I know. I know. Story of my life. Anyway the hull has gone AWOL. Please post photos of your finish.
qcarr1
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 67 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 07:05 PM UTC
Great job, Eric! I really like your camo job and the tracks look awesome!

I'm fairly new to the hobby and have about 6 kits under my belt; have to do mine with spray cans and brushes as I don't yet have an airbrush. I'm really impressed with how well your camo came out, and I guess I'm gonna have to break down and buy an airbrush!
 _GOTOTOP