_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Dragon PZ IV H
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 08:49 PM UTC
My Dragon PZ IV H with it's Friul metal Osketten tracks....sexy WIP. The upper hull is not glued down yet.

Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 09:09 PM UTC
So far so good,very nice,were the tracks treated with a burnishing solution,or painted and weathered,they look good.just sand the high points of the treads to let that bare metal come thru.
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 12:03 AM UTC
Looks good. No zimmerit?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 12:27 AM UTC
Very nice!
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 01:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks good. No zimmerit?

Thx guys. I wanted zim kit but none available at the time. I have 3 sets of these Friul Osketten tracks so I could still buy a Dragon H zim kit hopefully.

I also got that Dragon Stug III F/8 #6644 z/winterketten tracks {magic tracks) I may replace them also with Osketten.
You know that new Dragon Jagdpanzer L48 w/zim that just came out? Well..that one has a set of Osketten too lol. Here's a pic!
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2015 - 02:21 PM UTC
Pic Is not displayed. Are you referring to kit 6369?
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 08:37 PM UTC
This is my Jagdpanzer IV L70 with Ostketten (metal Fruil). The spare track needs attention but after I get the dio base completed. I did the tracks ..enamel primed, acrylic red brown , vallejo light grey pigment..put in kinda heavy, then put MIG wash thinner over top of the pigment to melt it down...when happy with it I then thinned out satin clear with alcohol & sealed it. Drybrushed in metal edges with Tamiya aluminum, only the high ridges on main track..not all but sparatic.. then pencil over the aluminum center..

Reposting pic of L48 with Osketten (Fruil), someone says can't view it. I started this kit when it first came out, still not done it lol..taking my time. The figure is a Cyberhobby..I have 2 of them.

I have a Hetzer with Winterketten in progress. Not liking the kit..may get the Tamiya version. This is the Cyberhobby version..cartoon character version. I did both the Academy Hetzers..hate their figures. The tank was ok but I think the Tamiya will be best. My biggest concern with these kits is the front sprocket arm..or whatever its called. Hate the design on Cyberhobby's. This kit has been on the shelf for about 3 mths after running into that messing wheel situation. Those 389(t) winterketten Friul tracks are nice. The tracks come with metal sprockets .

PS - to answer the question about the PZ IV H & no zim. I guess that its Dragon doing a late version after Zim was not used. Mid Production autumn 43 says on the box. I still want or "need" lol, to get a PZ IV with zim...I tried doing my own zim a few times but I seem to do them too thick...I need very thin material & a fine zim tool.
slug955
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 195 posts
Armorama: 175 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 09:42 PM UTC
The first Tamiya Hetzer was a co-production with Italieri. I have never seen a review of the Tamiya Hetzer of any variant but the wheels of the old Italeri one were undersized, correction sets were made. My favourite is the Academy, but would love to see a comparison of the market. The real thing at IWM Duxford is a revelation. How the crew operated with such a small vehicle is beyond me.
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 12:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The first Tamiya Hetzer was a co-production with Italieri. I have never seen a review of the Tamiya Hetzer of any variant but the wheels of the old Italeri one were undersized, correction sets were made. My favourite is the Academy, but would love to see a comparison of the market. The real thing at IWM Duxford is a revelation. How the crew operated with such a small vehicle is beyond me.

aww thats right, its an Italeri...darn.
Ok, i'll get another Academy.
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
Armorama: 2,248 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 03:40 AM UTC
David,
Really nice builds! Those Friuls just make any tracks you use afterwards seem a letdown.

Gaz
 _GOTOTOP