_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
History quiz
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 03:50 AM UTC
The dolls were cheap toys from Japan I think that weregiven as prizes at a carnival,etc. I am sure you have your version of them!
J
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 06:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Pop quiz guys. Anyone know what this is? Or more accurately what it WILL be?

Enjoy.
J

Aerial Toilet, less balloon...
billflorig
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 06:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Alan,Karl and Jack,
Yep,it could be mistaken for a u-boat thing but...nope. I wanted to try something with water again and actually my last thing with water was a u-boat theme a long long time ago.
I just read the "Battle of the Bridges" and got the urge to make one of these boats. I can't get the image of Maj Cook,the Bn Cmdr, out of my head as he rowed across in the first wave saying the "Hail Mary" the whole way. He was unhappy with the way Robert Redford portrayed him in the movie BTW.
J

I had the privilege of meeting Julian Cook in Germany when I was serving with the 3rd ID back in 1988. We had some great discussions on what it takes to be a platoon leader in combat and his thoughts on market Garden. It was a great experience. And yes, he said he did not like Redford's portrayal.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 08, 2015 - 08:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Alan,Karl and Jack,
Yep,it could be mistaken for a u-boat thing but...nope. I wanted to try something with water again and actually my last thing with water was a u-boat theme a long long time ago.
I just read the "Battle of the Bridges" and got the urge to make one of these boats. I can't get the image of Maj Cook,the Bn Cmdr, out of my head as he rowed across in the first wave saying the "Hail Mary" the whole way. He was unhappy with the way Robert Redford portrayed him in the movie BTW.
J

I had the privilege of meeting Julian Cook in Germany when I was serving with the 3rd ID back in 1988. We had some great discussions on what it takes to be a platoon leader in combat and his thoughts on market Garden. It was a great experience. And yes, he said he did not like Redford's portrayal.

Nice that you got to speak with him. I always talk with the WWII guys if I ever come across one. Sadly it gets rarer and rarer these days. I got to speak to a few though and also some German vets when I was stationed in Germany.
J
Removed by original poster on 12/09/15 - 16:45:15 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP