_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
T8A3 recce
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 09:27 AM UTC
This is a conversion I have been working on for a couple of years. Tamiya M5 and Verlinden M5 Recce conversion set. This week I scratchbuilt the mine racks from a photo on the web. The mine racks make this a T8A3.
The tracks, spare roadwheel and a couple of stowage items were just set in place for the photo. There's still a lot to do but I thought I'd let you see it so far.
There are 3 pictures in my gallery.
Chuck
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 09:51 AM UTC
Hi Charles getting close to the end of this project ...looking good ...I'd like to see more pictures...The one thing that popped out at me are the tracks ...please don't use the tamiya tracks!! the end connectors are not in the right place ....I have a set left over from my M3 honey if you want to use the seprate links ..or you can buy AFV Clubs tracks for this kit ...
If you want the tracks just P.M. me and give me your address ....no charge of course!

Rick
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 04:27 PM UTC
Thanks Rick
I appreciate the offer, but I have a few sets of indy tracks from the Honey myself. I hate indy tracks, but you are right. With the amount of work I've done on this model the kit tracks won't work.
Thanks again.
Chuck
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2004 - 02:40 AM UTC
Looking good so far Charles.
Personally, the only thing I can see that I wished you replaced, is the headlight guards. The kit's are so darn thick. No real biggy though. I will agree about replacing those tracks with the indi set.
Please keep us posted as you round the finish line.
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2004 - 05:54 AM UTC
I know what you mean about separate links ..I hate them with a passion too...but when you have done so much work on a kit ,you don't want people to notice something like that first..I'm pretty sure that AFV Club does make a rubber band type track too...what's a little more $ when you have so much already invested ...lol..

Rick
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2004 - 02:05 PM UTC
Ken The conversion set has the pe headlight guards. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Rick I agree. I think I'm gonna give my Academy links a shot. If that proves to fiddley for me I'll probably spring for the AFV Clib ones.

Thanks guys.

Chuck
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2004 - 02:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ken The conversion set has the pe headlight guards. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

If it's not too late or too much hassle Chuck, go for it. You will not be dissapointed.
 _GOTOTOP