_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Azimut Productions, Paris France
gregcctrn
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 329 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 11:05 AM UTC
Is anyone familiar with this shop and their own in house line of resin products?

I was recently in Paris and dropped by. It is a great store, stocked floor to ceiling with kits and such.

While there I purchased a Nashorn crew that they make (ADV Azimut). It is made up of four figures. The figures have nice poses and such, but the mold quality is crap.

I didn't discover the poor quality until I was back home here in Canada. I kick myself now, but I should have asked if I could open the box to view the figures. I trusted that the figures would be fine, especially since it is their own in house brand.

When I got home and opened them up I was very disappointed, so I took pictures and sent them to the store's email address. I simply want the figures replaced, and I am willing to ship the set back that I purchased.

I completely accept that resin figures do need some clean up from time to time, but at 10€ each, that's a bit much.

Well I have had zero response, and feel rather annoyed. What are your opinions on the figures? Would you pay 10€ (~$12 USD) each for these? The other two figures in the set are better than these, but not a whole lot.

ADV Azimut 1 photo DSC04541_zpsth2k26zm.jpg

ADV Azimut 2 photo DSC04542_zpsb4spbpsn.jpg

ADV Azimut 4 photo DSC04544_zpssfdfftyi.jpg

ADV Azimut 3 photo DSC04548_zpsdg4jcdh9.jpg
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 11:31 AM UTC
Azimut is well known for several things...unfortunately none of them good. Their quality is quite frankly a joke and makes Maquette kits look state of the art. That is, if you are lucky enough to receive any product at all by mail order. They have one or two defenders...even on this site...who probably have some vested interest. Live and learn..other resin CO's to avoid : Cromwell for and AEF for the same reasons and CMK, most of whose figures are pirated Alpine miniatures...and JAPmodels who recast 1970s Italeri items.
Onkos1
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 102 posts
Armorama: 90 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 11:52 AM UTC
Hi
I dicovered same problem with the vehicle that I bought from them last year, but after contacted them they promised to replace it with another one.
Give them some time I'm surę they will replay.
hutch2336
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 54 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 11:54 AM UTC
Hi
I doubt you will get any response from Azimut, I didn't for over 6 months on an order which eventually arrived with only part of the bits ordered and they never replied or put it right with the remaining items or a refund!
This was in 2013
A hard lesson but as already noted, it is something they are known for!
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I probably will not be the only one!
Steve H
T34
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 79 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 12:19 PM UTC
When it comes to Azimut, there's only one thing to say: STAY AWAY!

xrz100
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 12:28 PM UTC
I can share this unfortunate experience, if I would not have my Friend Robert around, who ensured quality of my S100 Crew, I would have ended up with more left than right arms, the same heads for different figures, no captains head at all. It took my friend 2 trips before having everything right.

Conclusion: Great design of figures but poor transfer into real figures – careful buying and on-site checking required

bis denne

Christian
Sean50
Visit this Community
Manche, France
KitMaker: 340 posts
Armorama: 328 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 02:03 PM UTC
Welcome to the world of people dissatisfied Azimut customers.

Quoted Text

How long do you suggest is reasonable? Three years and counting? They took money from my account in May 2012. Still waiting for a refund or the goods I paid for.

In the past I had orders which were delivered late, but they were delivered. This time I gave them the benefit of the doubt, gave them so much in fact that my bank said I'd left it too long to reclaim the money. All contact has met with zero response.
Azimut are thieves. Why people stick up for them I have no idea. My case is far from unique.

Cheers, and good luck (you'll need it),

Sean

http://azimutproductions.blogspot.fr/
gregcctrn
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 07:54 PM UTC
Wow!

I was worried that I was going to get responses that indicated I was being too fussy.....

Christian's remarks echo exactly what I have been thinking: "Conclusion: Great design of figures but poor transfer into real figures – careful buying and on-site checking required"

I got home opened the boxes loved the poses, thought the quality sucked, and then wished I had opened it up while in the store....

Another event that occurred while in the store, my items totaled 78€. While checking out I was looking at an item that was 14.80€, the owner said to me if you take that with your other items I will make it an even 100€....I chalked it up to being a simple error on his part, now I am wondering.

I am adding in this comment as an edit: I just received an email this morning that states:

"Hi mr Neufeldt,

sorry about the trouble with the 2 figures from ADV/NASHORN crew; we will replace them with same pcs with cleaner casting

rgds/D.Chomette

In all fairness I will post their corrective action....
Removed by original poster on 10/22/15 - 19:12:43 (GMT).
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 953 posts
Armorama: 705 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 03:26 AM UTC
Stay away...Just stay away...
Onkos1
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 10:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi
I doubt you will get any response from Azimut, I didn't for over 6 months on an order which eventually arrived with only part of the bits ordered and they never replied or put it right with the remaining items or a refund!
This was in 2013
A hard lesson but as already noted, it is something they are known for!
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I probably will not be the only one!
Steve H

You can always confront them in Telford show. They are coming every year...
Onkos1
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 10:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome to the world of people dissatisfied Azimut customers.

Quoted Text

How long do you suggest is reasonable? Three years and counting? They took money from my account in May 2012. Still waiting for a refund or the goods I paid for.

In the past I had orders which were delivered late, but they were delivered. This time I gave them the benefit of the doubt, gave them so much in fact that my bank said I'd left it too long to reclaim the money. All contact has met with zero response.
Azimut are thieves. Why people stick up for them I have no idea. My case is far from unique.

Cheers, and good luck (you'll need it),

Sean

http://azimutproductions.blogspot.fr/

Same argument as in my previous post.
Just go to Paris have a nice day in there, and pop in to their shop and speak with them. where is the problem?
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 12:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Same argument as in my previous post.
Just go to Paris have a nice day in there, and pop in to their shop and speak with them. where is the problem?

I can't get your point. When I order in Asia, I don't except to go to the shop in Hong Kong, for example, have a nice day there and talk to the shop owner. That's just not the way a customer should be taken care of.
While I can understand that a dealer has some difficulties tracking all the orders placed on-line, I don't accept he instantly charges my CC without sending anything in return. Moreover, you can consider yourself a lucky guy by having your email answered.

Olivier
VelluS
Visit this Community
Keski-Suomi, Finland
KitMaker: 52 posts
Armorama: 50 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 01:21 PM UTC
Wow! They answered to your e-mail. I heard nothing from them for over a year. Then a person I know from finnish modelling site only visited their shop on my behalf. I dont´t know what he said or did there but after his visit I got e-mail saying my goods are being shipped. I´m pretty sure that without his help I had just lost my money like so many others...
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 03:43 PM UTC
I ordered a set of wheels from Azimut for the ICM G4. I read a review somewhere that they were nice. I ordered them and received them in a reasonable amount of time. They are OK and not worth the $25.00 I paid. I'll stick to The New TMD and other respectable manufacturers for my resin AM needs.
gregcctrn
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 09:37 PM UTC
What frustrated me the most was the fact that this is their own brand of figures. One would think if you are putting your name to something that is being sold at a price point that is on par with the likes of Alpine, Evolution, etc your product quality would be nothing short of excellent.

I would bet my life on the fact that if an Alpine figure popped out of a mold looking like any of the ones that I purchased from Azimut they would never make it beyond a garbage can.

gregcctrn
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 09:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I ordered a set of wheels from Azimut for the ICM G4. I read a review somewhere that they were nice. I ordered them and received them in a reasonable amount of time. They are OK and not worth the $25.00 I paid. I'll stick to The New TMD and other respectable manufacturers for my resin AM needs.

I have a lot of respect for the quality of product that Joe at The New TMD puts out. A couple of years ago I purchased a bunch of his rejected resin parts, and some of them had me scratching my head wondering what was wrong.
Onkos1
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 10:01 PM UTC
Olivier
We are not talking about the shop from Asia, we are talking about a shop in Paris.
I replied to Sean's comment and his from Dept. Manche. It's not difficult to get to Paris from Manche is it?
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 12:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Olivier
We are not talking about the shop from Asia, we are talking about a shop in Paris.
I replied to Sean's comment and his from Dept. Manche. It's not difficult to get to Paris from Manche is it?

*************so your defence of these clowns is "Hey...they're not answering your emails so take a train to Paris or go through the expense of visiting a trade show to confront these fraud artists? You are actually kidding, right? Or are you buddies with him?
Onkos1
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 12:55 AM UTC
We are talking about the money here. I'm glad that some people don't give a s.... If someone is stealing from them. I don't. If someone owns me money I take every opportunity to get them back. I work hard to have them and I don't accept thieves.
YES I don't mind to confront people when necessary. If I can't do it, I ask my friends to do it for me.
I don't defend anyone. I'm going to Telford do get the part replaced, simply because I paid 50€ for the kit, and I expect quality.
I don't expect you to cross the pond again to get your staff sorted. But you can always ask others on the forum for help...
somtec
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 421 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 03:11 AM UTC
Iam 4 years waiting for my order going to pay them another visit this year , tried 2 years ago with no success
gregcctrn
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 10:11 PM UTC
Updated

Well it is now January 21, 2016 and nothing has arrived.

My last communication was on October 22, 2015 I received an email apologizing for the poor castings and informed that replacement figures with improved castings would be sent.

Nothing has ever arrived, I have sent emails asking for an update, and get no reply...

At this stage it's a write off.......if something shows up one day I will be sure to post in all fairness, but somehow I don't see that happening.
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 12:23 AM UTC
Find it slightly amazing that they can actually conduct a business this way..then again other small time model businesses have done the same thing for years upon years...so I guess its not their primary income.
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 01:01 AM UTC
Have never been a fan of this company.....bought a French jeep conversion with base kit, arrives in Oz with all the "not used parts" of the base kit cut from the sprues.....! Hang on, I paid for the whole base kit and conversion. Have never gone back.
 _GOTOTOP