Hosted by Darren Baker
Track Width Mine Plow?
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2015 - 04:25 AM UTC
Ok I don't do a lot of armour so rarely venture over here to the dark side however I've seen a picture of a IDF Shot Kal with a TWMP which I'd like to do, so can any one point me in the direction of a TWMP?

corsair924
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 403 posts
Armorama: 322 posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2015 - 06:10 AM UTC
Seems this question gets asked every year.
If, like me you're looking for the Mine Plow off the M1 Abrams
Trumpeter makes a 5 in 1 kit containing it and you could still make another tank
or
Tamiya makes and M1 with the Plow
I managed to contact Tamiya USA to order just the spruce with the plow
instructions here
http://www.model-making.eu/products/M1A1-Abrams-w-Mine-Plow.html
you'll need spruce "E"

Kit 35158 E parts #9003343, $7.60 plus shipping/handling.
[email protected]

Enjoy
JP
recceboy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 706 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2015 - 07:36 AM UTC
Careful with which mine plow you want to build, as each country's version was a little different. DO your research first , for example the US version, can not be used for a German/Canadian version, even-though they look alike.

Anthony
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2015 - 07:59 AM UTC
Thanks guy's.

Going by the caption to the photo, the Centurion is IDF and is being used to demonstrate the TWMP to the Aussies as a possible purchase for their then current Leopards.

So the version I need is IDF.
AKirchhoff
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 307 posts
Armorama: 304 posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2015 - 11:11 PM UTC
Hi!
This plough comes in different versions. For example, the slightly smaller version of Leopard has only 5 tines per side, whereas the M1/M60 version has 6 tines and is wider. Between these two, 90% of the plough kit is different in design. From the look od design, this is clearly the Leopard1 Version. This one is not available as a kit today and to convert it from the M1 plough is really difficult. Here you find a scratch built TWMP of this design by Walter Lampel:

http://www.modellbaufreunde.net/bauberichtemenu/3-bauberichte-militaerfahrzeuge/23-baubericht-leopard-1a5dk-135.html

The light grey parts are from the M1 TWMP, the white ones are different and scratch. Here you see how less parts can be taken from the M1 TWMP.

Hopefully the Leopard plough is available in the near future in resin as it is also a product used by Denmark within UN/Kosovo missions.

Andreas
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2015 - 11:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hopefully the Leopard plough is available in the near future in resin as it is also a product used by Denmark within UN/Kosovo missions.

Patience will indeed pay off.
 _GOTOTOP