_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Academy tiger 1 early w/interior
AchtungTiger
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 05:31 AM UTC
Hi guys I recently bought the academy tiger 1 w/interior, then I started seeing comments made about how bad it was and I'm curious as to what makes this kit so bad and if I can improve it in any way. This is my first tiger kit I truly love this vehicle and I want to make an accurate recreation of this monster can anyone help
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,295 posts
Armorama: 1,191 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 05:55 AM UTC
And let the games begin.....hehe....wait for it...
stoney
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 480 posts
Armorama: 399 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 06:12 AM UTC
tiger I info
Here's a great start, have a look through the site.
You may find it easier to just enjoy the kit as is and then find another, more accurate kit down the road. There are some pretty big dimensional errors with the academy kit. That said you can still have fun building a great looking model from it if you're not a stickler for absolute accuracy.
Have fun!
Byrden
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,233 posts
Armorama: 2,221 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2015 - 02:34 PM UTC
I concur.

The Rye Field Interior Tiger has problems, but you can fix most of them, and it rewards your work. Everything inside Academy's kit is out of proportion and you'd end up replacing almost all of them if you cared about accuracy.
Take it as it is, is my advice. Learn how to deal with an interior kit, try weathering the inside to look like an oily machine where 5 men live, try planning and executing a cutaway of the walls, do something that you'll enjoy, but don't aim for a perfect rendition.

David
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,295 posts
Armorama: 1,191 posts
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2015 - 06:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I concur.

The Rye Field Interior Tiger has problems, but you can fix most of them, and it rewards your work. Everything inside Academy's kit is out of proportion and you'd end up replacing almost all of them if you cared about accuracy.
Take it as it is, is my advice. Learn how to deal with an interior kit, try weathering the inside to look like an oily machine where 5 men live, try planning and executing a cutaway of the walls, do something that you'll enjoy, but don't aim for a perfect rendition.

David

That is sage advise David.... Therefore I concur as well.
AchtungTiger
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 10:03 PM UTC
Thank you guus for the explanation and advice. I'll build it as is and later on the road I'll take a Crack at rye fields tiger but right now I gotta get back to my 1/32 f-14 tomcat
muchachos
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 537 posts
Armorama: 439 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2015 - 11:11 PM UTC
Another option, if you're feeling like messing around with some heavy weathering techniques, is to make it into a knocked out vehicle. It becomes much easier to overlook the kits inaccuracies at this point, save maybe for the incorrect symmetrical turret.
 _GOTOTOP